What's new

Siglo I

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I thought I might try my hand at another review. In looking through a lot of old threads, it seems this is a popular format so I went with it.

Cohiba - Siglo I
Origin: Cuba
Size: Perla
Length: 4
Gauge: 42

I was gifted one of these by a fine BOTL. It comes from a DEC 03 box. The wife made me a nice lunch, then I made up a fresh cup of coffee and smoked the Siglo as an after lunch treat. It is a beautiful little cigar with a flawless wrapper and triple cap. The wrapper is slightly veiny, but of good quality, which you expect in a Cohiba. The Xikar made a perfect cut and the pre-light draw was excellent. Toasting the foot offered some wonderful aromas.

The cigar lit perfectly and began with a nice even burn. I was amazed at how much smoke such a small stick produced; copious amounts of thick, white smoke. The burn started to wander after about 1/2" and I did have to correct it several times, but it did not detract from the overall experience. The flavors seemed a little bland initially, but dramatically improve as the cigar burns. The final third is very rich and tasty, but gets a little hot at the very end. This cigar really seems to hit its stride just as you reach the end of it. It left me wondering what might have been had it been one inch longer.

This is a great cigar for a quick smoke, lasting about 30 - 35 minutes. They are a little on the pricey side, nor are they as interesting as the Partagas Short, at least to my palate, but they are still excellent. I would definitely recommend these. For my own humidor though, I would go with the Short.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I haven't tried one of these yet, but I had a Partagas Short at the concert I was at Friday. . . it was good, but I wasn't super impressed with it. . . guess that means I'll just have to smoke another!:grin:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
caudio51 said:
Great review! I have yet to try a Cohiba.
Caudio... I should have some coming in this week... shoot me your address and I will be happy to send you one to try. They should either be CorRo's or Siglo VI's.

Great review... Not to self to try a Siglo I.

Sorry... Didn't mean to threadjack, just helping out a fellow BOTL.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Shiba said:
Caudio... I should have some coming in this week... shoot me your address and I will be happy to send you one to try. They should either be CorRo's or Siglo VI's.

Great review... Not to self to try a Siglo I.

Sorry... Didn't mean to threadjack, just helping out a fellow BOTL.
Thank you Shiba. :thumbsup::smokingboYou have a PM coming.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good review great cigar, Have you tried the siglo II? I like them even better.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Shiba said:
Tom -

Package is on the way!!! Sorry about the stowaways :thumbsup:

ENJOY!!!
Oh boy! Thanks Greg....I know where you live. :riflefire:riflefire:assaultri