What's new

Siglo VI Maduro Torpedo Tubo

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Anyone seen or heard of this? There's chatter on CF about it and they it seems it's real. Could be a Pyramid in a Tubo. Either way just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about it.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I saw this too. I was under the impression that there are no "maduro" habanos, just real dark wrappers in the likes of ELs and what not.

I've never seen a torpedo Siglo VI on any site. If it was a torpedo or figurado then it wouldn't be a Siglo VI anymore, right?

I just think that the general lack of cuban cigars at CF is showing through. Not a dig by any means, just the impression I get from those folks as a group.

A few guys have said Scott knows of what he speaks becasue they saw it too but that means nothing other than the cigar exists.

My guess is that it is the Dominican Cohiba brand that has a very similar band on it. But who knows, I've been wrong in the past.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I saw this too. I was under the impression that there are no "maduro" habanos, just real dark wrappers in the likes of ELs and what not.

I've never seen a torpedo Siglo VI on any site. If it was a torpedo or figurado then it wouldn't be a Siglo VI anymore, right?

I just think that the general lack of cuban cigars at CF is showing through. Not a dig by any means, just the impression I get from those folks as a group.

A few guys have said Scott knows of what he speaks becasue they saw it too but that means nothing other than the cigar exists.

My guess is that it is the Dominican Cohiba brand that has a very similar band on it. But who knows, I've been wrong in the past.
I agree. I guess its possible it exists but I don't believe a Torp would be called a Sig VI. Maybe a different name. Also, the wrapper may look like a maduro but I don't think you will hear a Habano called maduro at least in the near future. Unless Altadis is having way too much influence on the island. :nodlaugh:

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hopefully they were smart enough to make the end of the tubo pointed, to keep from getting the head all banged up in there.

but it doesn't make much sense to call it the same thing as another cigar (and then add "maduro" to it as well).

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I have the same sentiments really. Word always get spread through the grapevine of rare cuban cigars (BGM's, Jubliams, etc.). But I heard nothing about this cigar and that's what lead me to believe it was fake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a pic of this on another board. It has to be fake. Old style band in a sig VI tube.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Linky?

I have no doubts it's fake with an old style cohiba band. Since they came out with the new bands on the Sig VI

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
cvm4 said:
Linky?

I have no doubts it's fake with an old style cohiba band. Since they came out with the new bands on the Sig VI
Looks almost like a Pyramid El in a Sig VI tube? Not sure if a Pryamid El would fit but that's what it looks like. The old band is a dead give away. Either a fake or a Pyramid El.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LMAO. Dudes, they are just fucking with everyone over there. Every once In a while someone has to start a hoax at CF. Usually, It's two members pretending to fight. This time, It's a bullshit cigar.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
April fools already again??? I was just making sure it was fake so I wouldn't be on a wild goose chase :crosseyed

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
...... I just think that the general lack of cuban cigars at CF is showing through. Not a dig by any means, just the impression I get from those folks as a group.
While the folks @ CF do not post sources or prices ... do not for one minute think that they are babes-in-the-woods when it comes to habanos. I know quite a few of the FOGs there, and most of them were probably weaned on ligero.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
CF has a different vibe and I like it. Just like this board has a different vibe and I like that too. Lets not make this a CF bashing party.