What's new

Siglo VI

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
i have box of Siglo VI that i bought 2+ years ago and these have become one of my favorite cigars. The flavor, taste, and draw is just almost perfect. One draw back is the price. But i have found that to be true with most Habanao cigars

Does anyone have an opinion on these as being excellent cigars?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had my first one while I was in Spain. I bought it from a small tobacco shop and smoked it at a local bar there. It was a great night...and a really great cigar.

I have three more in the 'dor. I've smoked one since, but I wasn't nearly as impressed as the first time. So, maybe it was just the fact that I was in Spain having a great time with some friends.

I'll fire up another one soon...I'm getting the itch.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't smoke Cohiba's anymore.. not to take away from you guys smoking them but every damn poser I run into has a Cohiba in his hand and claims this is the best cigar in the world. I feel like punching them, then I stop myself 'cause I'd ruin a perfectly good cigar even if the fool smoking it is doing so simply for the brand.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tatuaje Guy mentioned price as a drawback. In the Siglo VI, you've picked a mighty pricey smoke and sizable smoke. I must be a cowboy because I have really enjoyed the few I've smoked.

As far as price of most Habanos, price is not so much the issue in comparison to NC sticks, but the risks of acquiring them for me are the real issue.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've smoked cigars for awhile and I will say that Cohibas really are great cigars and the Sig VI is wonderful and large and all that jazz... I don't feel that they are any more expensive than some of the NC's we chase around? For example and it really depends on your tastes... We'll pay $9+ for a tat cohete which is a PR and you take an HdM PR for around $6+ which being that it's CC tobacco has a much lovelier after taste IMHO.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Lit up one two weeks ago to gauge what 2 years age has done to'em.
VERY smooth all throughout , taste seemed muted on 1/3, then a sweet cuban earthy twang settled nicely on 2/3, not too exciting on the medium finish, but another 2+ years should open these puppies up greatly.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I smoked one last night. It was very tasty, but needed constant burn supervision. It was at least a year old.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i'm curious as to how a aged VI compares/will compare to the the new CGR.
Some say the '03 Sig VI is currently better than the CGR. Some say the festival release CGRs are better than the current batch of CGRs. Others say the current batch of CGRs need time due to the fact the tobacco was aged 5yrs in bales and not as a rolled cigar. Best thing to do is form your own opinion on the matter as other opinions vary.

I for one currently give the nod to the '03 Sig VI as being the better cigar right now. That might very well change in 6mos?!?

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I smoked my last one about a few weeks back. It was my last of 3 I got about 3 years back. I remember the others being OK, but the last one was not even OK. I walked away from it halfway thru. Might have just been a bum stick, or maybe my tastes have changed.