What's new

Silva or Sonnen

Silva or Sonnen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
thinks it's time for silva's reign to end. He is a talented fighter but think his ego has gotten a bit to big thats how sonnen suprised him in the first fight. and that's also why i hope sonnen loses the title just as fast.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I think the fight was stopped too early. Silva's last combos on the ground was mostly blocked yet the ref called it.
I strongly believe the judges and refs at Vegas are strongly influenced and it is giving this great sport a bad name.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, the refs are told to stop the fight once one fighter stops defending himself intelligently, which Sonnen had stopped doing after the knee to the body. Once he was curled up on the ground not making intelligent moves to defend himself, by the rules, the fight was over.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, I just saw this so I didn't have time to post before the event. I was a bit disappointed and wanted to see Sonnen win, but I guess thats what happens when you slip up against Silva. I don't know about you guys, but I think that because of Silva's domination, middleweight really doesn't have the draw that it used to. Other than Sonnen, I can't really see anyone having a shot at beating him in the near future. Hopefully, Sonnen will move up in weight, which will add some excitement to the LH division. I didn't know that there were other MMA fans on BOTL, as I don't look in the sports section all that often, but maybe we can toss out picks for some of the upcoming cards.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Sonnen's fatal mistake took all of about a second and a half. His strategy was to get Silva on the ground, which worked out pretty well in round one. But you can't lay on the ground waiting for your opponent to join you when you're against the fence. Sonnen's split second decision to not get up when Silva was clearly letting him up cost him the fight. Live and learn.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hey, I just saw this so I didn't have time to post before the event. I was a bit disappointed and wanted to see Sonnen win, but I guess thats what happens when you slip up against Silva. I don't know about you guys, but I think that because of Silva's domination, middleweight really doesn't have the draw that it used to. Other than Sonnen, I can't really see anyone having a shot at beating him in the near future. Hopefully, Sonnen will move up in weight, which will add some excitement to the LH division. I didn't know that there were other MMA fans on BOTL, as I don't look in the sports section all that often, but maybe we can toss out picks for some of the upcoming cards.
I think there's a better chance of Sonnen dropping a class and challenging GSP.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think there's a better chance of Sonnen dropping a class and challenging GSP.
Was just going to post the same thing, because I don't think he has a prayer against Jon Jones.

Not to mention, I used to be a cage fighter when I was younger, and I can tell you if you're able to drop the weight, you're going to be a HELL of a lot better off than trying to fight heavier. Those guys would not only outweigh his natural fighting weight, but they weigh upwards of 20+lbs more when they step into the ring depending on their class.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was just going to post the same thing, because I don't think he has a prayer against Jon Jones.

Not to mention, I used to be a cage fighter when I was younger, and I can tell you if you're able to drop the weight, you're going to be a HELL of a lot better off than trying to fight heavier. Those guys would not only outweigh his natural fighting weight, but they weigh upwards of 20+lbs more when they step into the ring depending on their class.
I know what you're saying, regardless of if he goes up or down I feel that both GSP and Jones are a tall order. I just think that the quickest way to a title shot would be through LHW, just based on Sonnen's skill set I think he would match up well with anyone ranked in the top 10, and after Hendo I can't imagine who is going to face Jones. Also, with GSP out WW seems like it keeps generating a long list of title contenders which could delay his chances to get a shot. You're right going down is the most natural thing for him to do, but who knows in a year Jones could be moving up to HW, leaving an opening there.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know what you're saying, regardless of if he goes up or down I feel that both GSP and Jones are a tall order. I just think that the quickest way to a title shot would be through LHW, just based on Sonnen's skill set I think he would match up well with anyone ranked in the top 10, and after Hendo I can't imagine who is going to face Jones. Also, with GSP out WW seems like it keeps generating a long list of title contenders which could delay his chances to get a shot. You're right going down is the most natural thing for him to do, but who knows in a year Jones could be moving up to HW, leaving an opening there.
Yea, Jones dominates LHW like Silva does for MW. I just don't think GSP is the fighter that Silva and Jones are, he's mind blowing, no two ways about it, but I see him as allot more "beatable" than the other two. You're right about a wait too, there is a list he would need to work his way through. Before he took on GSP though, he'd better work with that JJ world champion some more and figure out what he's supposed to do when he gets somebody down on the ground, because all he did by laying on Silva for 5 minutes is piss him off.

Personally, I don't see Hendo beating Jones, I think he's just going to make Jones 17-1. Not that I dislike Hendo, but if he gets in a standup with Jones, he's going to quickly realize that freaks elbows have the same reach allot of guys have with their fists, heh.