What's new

Single Malt Assistance, Please.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Alright... I have that $50 gift certificate to the ForScotchLovers website...
Now, I need help making a selection...

Heres the link... ForScotchLovers.com

For someone who's only owned a couple of Scotches in his life, please give me some feedback, under $50, on what I should order. I might take the top 3 suggestions, and make a poll! LOL

Thanks for your help...

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I actually got into cigars through my love of malts... Apparently the two go together well.

If you want a peaty Islay, get the Ardbeg 10, otherwise I highly recommend the Old Pulteney 12, which is a lighter whisky, good crisp flavor, and a very interesting sea salt element which is delicious and unique.

Others that are good on that site for 50 or less: Bunnahabhain 12yr, Highland Park 12, Suntory 12, anCnoc 12 (very good, natural color, non-chill filtered)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The Glenmorangie Lasanta is a great bottle if you are still getting into scotches. It is aged in sherry casks so it is a little sweeter.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Isle of Jura Superstition!

The peated whiskey was aged for five years and then combined with both a 13-year old and a 21-year old Isle of Jura Highland-style, non-peated whisky to create Superstition.

"You have a single malt whiskey that has three different ages and two different styles to create a wild kind of combination of different Isle of Jura styles,"

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Isle of Jura Superstition!

The peated whiskey was aged for five years and then combined with both a 13-year old and a 21-year old Isle of Jura Highland-style, non-peated whisky to create Superstition.

"You have a single malt whiskey that has three different ages and two different styles to create a wild kind of combination of different Isle of Jura styles,"
So its not really a single malt just a blend of three different whiskeys..

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If you're not a regular drinker I would recommend Singleton, Dalmore & Highland Park. I generally prefer 18 years and older however in $50 the Macallan Fine Oak is hard to beat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Moly those are some expensive prices...I used to buy the Dalmore for 30$. Ive been drinking Scotch/Single Malts for 15+ yrs. For a beginner, I would recommend the 12 yr Dalmore or the 12 yr Macallan, both crowd pleasers. Also try it a few different ways, straight (neat), couple drops of water, one ice cube and see which brings out the most flavors for you. Like everything, once you aquire a taste, the price seems to go up. I have about 5-6 different single malt/scotches in the house, all 18 y/o or older now. Start slow bro, it bruises the credit card in a hurry!