What's new

Sinus conjestion and cigars?? WTF

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hey guys, I'm so pissed off right now, I have not had a cigar in over a week. Not to say that I haven't been able to, it just that I have had a severe head cold for almost two weeks. Well not even really that just my sinuses are still plugged and my sense of taste is all F*cked up. So I don't feel like wasting a good cigar that I won't even be able to taste. But I want a cigar so damn bad right now. Man am I pissed. How long has it taken some of you before food, drink, and cigars started tasting right? I'm going into week 2 now. Not fair at all, I miss my cigars. It was so bad yesterday I bought 2 cigars at the store an Acid Kuba Kuba, and an Acid One just to see if I could even taste that, well I could and guess what they weren't very good. So tell me how long it has taken some of you guys to get over a head cold?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about this, man! Head colds are pretty much the worst thing ever. I think my longest-lasting one was something like 3 weeks.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. And the funny thing is non of the OTC drugs work all that well at releaving sinus blockage. I have tried most everything descent out there.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
the drugs just numb you, take a steam, just boil a pot of water and put some mint tea or camomille tea bags in it, if you dare some menthol , use a big pot, then hang your face over it and a towel over your head and keep inhaling, slowly. do this as often as you can, and NEVER snort back, be a man, snort/blow out only no matter how bad your cold is, your sinuses will not get better if you do snort back. mine never last more than a week if you do the steam, it feels good and loosens all the crap in your sinus and calms the infection.
you should be back to normal in 2-3 days

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I started doing nasal rinsing a few months ago with great results. There is a lot of info online about it. It's even enhanced my cigar smoking experience by helping me taste and smell more flavors. YMMV

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7108546
got to say that is interesting. I might have to give that a go around. But how does that clear out you sinus cavities in your head? I know th water doesn't get up there? I can see the steaming working the cavities in your head but not the irrigation. Thanks for the tips guys.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. And the funny thing is non of the OTC drugs work all that well at releaving sinus blockage. I have tried most everything descent out there.
I find the OTC drugs work excellent, IF you get the good stuff. In this state, that means signing your life away for the versions with 120 mg of pseudophedrine. You must get the high content versions from the pharmacy counter or a controlled cabinet if using the local grocery store. You can thank the failed war on drugs for the limited accessibility of the "good stuff". . .:angryteet

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know this is extreme...but if you can get a hold of some CS gas.....that'll clear out everything. I know from experience. :squinteye :thumbsup:

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah I'm about to go get a prescription for some allergy meds because I'm tired of having to fill out paperwork for a 15 day supply of allergy meds.