What's new

Sinus trouble from Cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone here has had trouble with their sinuses as a result of smoking cigars. I love my gars and if need be breathing isnt that important but if anyone has any tips to deal with this that would be great....:computer:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Maybe you have a smoke allergy....which I would think you would eventually get used to...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beeen smoking for about five years and this is the first time i have had trouble...not sure its the cigars but for about four months just had some trouble...

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Try the NeilMed sinus rinse. It takes some getting used to but it flushes out your sinuses, helps relieve congestion, prevents and helps treat infections and it cures dryness.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Try the NeilMed sinus rinse. It takes some getting used to but it flushes out your sinuses, helps relieve congestion, prevents and helps treat infections and it cures dryness.
with out a doubt, what he said I have had many guys at work that have used this and swear by it.
I too have just got over a bad sinus infection and with out a doubt I KNOW it is caused by back drawing on the stogies. Witch I never used to do until this year.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've heard people use these netty pots with success but I don't know much. Whenever my sinuses go I just stop smoking because it's a complete waste of money!

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Pardon my stupidity but if back drawing is letting the smoke go through or up your nose than that would definitely do it. Cause I do that on occasion and when I do I'll have some issues. But I also had severe sinus trauma about 13 year ago so that prolly doesn't help

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I find it to be a result of retrohaling - pushing smoke out through my nose. It's nice to do in extreem moderation as you get more flavor & more of a nic punch. But if done in excess, like during the whole cigar & everytime you smoke, the smoke will irritate the delicate tissue of the sinuses.

I struggle with it, because I retrohale too much. I've been consciously trying to alter that habit & have had immediate results.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
But if done in excess, like during the whole cigar & everytime you smoke, the smoke will irritate the delicate tissue of the sinuses. quote]

Ahh there was an upside to the sixties. I either ruined all the delicate tissue or it's still higher than Jimi and Janis together and wouldn't know an infection if it was there. I exhale through my nose on every cigar almost every puff and I can't remember the last sinus infection I've had. Of course that could be due to destroying my short term memory cells in the same decade. :dunno: