What's new

Sipping Liquor/Spirits Straight

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
LMAO Ted. I think I'll stick with my JW Black and pick up some small bottles of the popular singles to start with.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
JW ... to save some money, just pick up a bottle of iodine at your local drugstore. The flavor is very close to Laphroaig.
Point taken, Ted. Actually, it does have a very strong, medicinal flavor, which is what turns off most people. I am in the "love it" group, so it is one of my favorites. The 15 year is much smoother and does not have the "bite", but IMHO, it lacks the "slap your face" character of the 10-year.

Tuba - Lagavulin is my all-time favorite. I always keep a bottle around. It and Port Ellen (no longer available) were the best of the Islay's.

Fredneck - The cask strength versions are the wonderful, but not for the faint of heart. . .:thumbsup:

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm still enjoying a bottle of the Lagavulin 16...wonderful, wonderful stuff. Laphroig is another favorite but I haven't had the 15 yet.

Speaking of the Macallan...I had a chance to sample the 25 while staying at the Alyeska Prince hotel a couple of weekends ago. Quite enjoyable...but it hardly rose to what I'd expect at the hotel's $35 price for the serving...which I only learned halfway through. Nice but not very memorable.

thats a wine. were talkin spirits yo :hammersma
Yeah...but port is a worthy suggestion for someone who doesn't tolerate in-your-face alcohol. At about 40 proof, it doesn't have nearly the punch that, say, scotch does and the fruit does a fine job of taming what bite it does have. But then, with most being on the sweet side, it's not to everyone's taste.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have found that I am sipping Rum mostly with a cigar. The 2 in stock now are Appleton Estates X/V and Goslings Black Seal. Appleton Estates is my favorite. Last time I bought it, it was on sale for $16- 750ml. Had never really drank rum unless it was mixed- the AE broke that. Now there will be no mixing of rum.

Haven't been able to find Ron Zacapa locally, but want to try it!!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Sounds like it's time to put out an ISO thread. I'm sure some brother here would glady help ya if he can find it locally.