What's new

Skiers???

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So I grew up in NEPA and started skiing at about the age of 5. I skied every year until I turned 18 and joined the Air Force. I was actually a ski instructor for a couple years before graduation.

Fast forward almost 20 years and I've been living in AZ for most of that time so I've only gone skiing a handful of times during that period.

I'm now back on the east coast in South Jersey so I made sure to get back out on the slopes with some regularity this winter. Yesterday was probably my last ski day of the season and it was an awesome day on the slopes. I hit the terrain park for my first freestyle session in 20 years and I can definitely say I still got my skills.

My 37 year old body is definitely cursing out my 16 year old spirit today, but it was well worth all the soreness. Can't wait for next season!!!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Nice! I love skiing and was just up at Whistler last month, but this was the worst year of snow since I lived in the PNW!?! The East Coast could've given us some! lol

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
The last 2 years I've only got around 20 days each in past seasons averaged 70-80 days I'm spending more time in the back country. I've also work in the ski industry for about 20 years. This season I made a move after spending the last 6 years working with Nordica skis and boots and now work with Salomon. Daily job is in a ski shop which may also have a bit to do with my cut back on skier days. You know what they say about making your hobby your career.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
So I grew up in NEPA and started skiing at about the age of 5. I skied every year until I turned 18 and joined the Air Force. I was actually a ski instructor for a couple years before graduation.

Fast forward almost 20 years and I've been living in AZ for most of that time so I've only gone skiing a handful of times during that period.

I'm now back on the east coast in South Jersey so I made sure to get back out on the slopes with some regularity this winter. Yesterday was probably my last ski day of the season and it was an awesome day on the slopes. I hit the terrain park for my first freestyle session in 20 years and I can definitely say I still got my skills.

My 37 year old body is definitely cursing out my 16 year old spirit today, but it was well worth all the soreness. Can't wait for next season!!!
Where in NEPA?