What's new

skirt steak

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
had it for the first time last nite. marinated overnite. cooked on a hot coal grill. cooked them rare, so only took a few minutes. damn, they were good. what was once considered a scrap piece of the cow, is quickly becoming a favorite.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had it for the first time last nite. marinated overnite. cooked on a hot coal grill. cooked them rare, so only took a few minutes. damn, they were good. what was once considered a scrap piece of the cow, is quickly becoming a favorite.
Oh, wait, I looked at where you live......

This has been used for years in many parts of the country. Fajitas are made from it, Brisket is Flank steak, many other dishes are made with that cut of meat. Chili meat is diced flank steak, unless you are rish and use another cut. Basically marinate or low and slow are the best ways to cook it.

Glad you can enjoy what we have known about for years, welcome to the gourmet side :skew: :applause:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I love the cut. Next time you buy it have the butcher run it through the meat tenderizer and re wrap it....will just fall apart after you cook it. I believe there is a good eats episode where Alton lights up the grill and cooks the meat directly on the coals. Might wanna check foodtv.com, as it looked like it turned out kick arse.

mikes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So when am I comin over your place? What about today?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fired some up last night... Trimmed a little... cut in 1/4 thick strips accross the grain.. marinated in garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and a little chili powder and chipotle.

Fired over red hot coals for less than a minute per side...

excellent!