What's new

Small Wineador

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has made a Wineador out of a 12 bottle wine cooler before, and if so how well has it worked out? I keep going back and forth on what I am wanting to do.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have a 16 bottle and it's working well. I have room for 3 trays and multiple boxes.
I'd suggest checking Craigslist and picking up a used one. Chances are you'll find just as good of a deal on a big one vs a little one. Mine was $30.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have a 16 bottle and it's working well. I have room for 3 trays and multiple boxes.
I'd suggest checking Craigslist and picking up a used one. Chances are you'll find just as good of a deal on a big one vs a little one. Mine was $30.
Been thinking about one of these too! Don't wanna thread jack but just ask where you got drawers/trays made?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been looking on craigslist for a few months now and haven't had a bit of luck in this area.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Been thinking about one of these too! Don't wanna thread jack but just ask where you got drawers/trays made?
Probably from here http://wineadors.com/

This guy makes high quality stuff and have seen a few threads on this forum praising his work (he is also a member here). I placed my order with him about a week ago :)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As much as I'd love a 28 bottle fridge, i know my budget doesn't support the cigars it would take to fill it. The 12 bottle fridges are the prefect size for me. I almost picked one up off Ebay for 40$ but the shipping was almost the same so it just didn't make sense to do.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
As much as I'd love a 28 bottle fridge, i know my budget doesn't support the cigars it would take to fill it. The 12 bottle fridges are the prefect size for me. I almost picked one up off Ebay for 40$ but the shipping was almost the same so it just didn't make sense to do.
So do you have a 12 bottle and if so how many sticks can you fit?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been looking at the NEWAIR 18 bottle but it is a little more than I want to spend. I am affraid if I go with the 12 bottle I may out grow it too fast.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So do you have a 12 bottle and if so how many sticks can you fit?
Don't have one yet. Still looking for the right deal.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok so I went ahead and ordered the Igloo 18 bottle wine cooler that I was looking at, and I am wanting to go ahead and order everything that I will need for it when it gets here. I am wanting to put the small coputer style fans in it but I am not sure how to hook them up exactly and was hoping for some help. Does anyone have a good way to hook them up to power and be able to control the speed of them aswell?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Brewing,
The Igloo cooler you posted has a built in fan. Unless you plan on leaving the wine cooler unplugged, I don't see why you need an extra fan.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will have it plugged up but I would like to add one or two fans n the bottom to push air upward.

After I did a little more searching on here I did find a thread about a fan install.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
By all means go for it, but IMO its not necessary. The built-in fan is in place for the exact same reason you think you need one, to keep the air from becoming stagnant. You want it for RH, they built it like that for the thermostat.
Plus, you'll have beads to help with RH stabilization. In that small of an environment with beads and a built in fan, I think it's total overkill.
Fyi: The fan on my wine cooler runs even when it's not cooling.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I bought a 16ct thinking there was no way I was going to fill it up. A year later, it's relatively full, and I'm desperately wishing I'd bought a 28ct.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My 18 bottle wine cooler just arrived at my work, now I just need my span cedar trays to arrive so I can get it set up. I will post some pics later when I get home.