What's new

Smaller Cigar Favorites (Petit Coronas...)

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks to my recent trades and some other purchasses, I've been making the gradual transition most folks have towards the smaller ring gauge cigars. I've also been developing a greater affection for the smaller cigars in general, in the petit corona range of sizes (4x44 give or take). I just got a box of petit edmundos in that are resting and have a couple boxes of the shorter partagas on the way, and have a few others in my humidor waiting to be tried.

What of the smaller cigars have you found to especially stand out or be worthy of trying? It seems like the baitfish and papas fritas seem to be the more popular ones being enjoyed on botl daily smokes.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You know I am really interested in this too. A lot of times I just don't have over an hour to smoke and really don't wish to relight. I will definitely be watching this thread to see the answers.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Reinado Habanito
Illusione Rothchildes
Illusione 68 petit
Illusione epernay petit
Tatuaje PCR
MUWAT Baitfish
Padron Londres maduro (aged 6+months)
LP Papa Frita
Por Larranaga Panetelas
In no particular order
Edit to correct list and add LP PF and PLP

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Some fine choices out there. To name a few....

Padron Principe and 35
Oliva V #4 and Melanio #4
MUWAT Baitfish
LP Papas Fritas

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will also recommend the Oliva G Special G. Cheap, smooth, and creamy. Go well with an early morning coffee. My friends who don't smoke a lot enjoy them, but I do as well. I like the Maduro and try to keep a part of a box on hand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good cigars listed above. I would also add:
Padron Delicious Maduro
Camacho SLR Maduro Rothschild

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There are some great cigars listed below. I will add to the list an often overlooked but amazing stick:

Tatuaje Especiale (Brown Label) Lancero

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna have to agree with many of the choices above.
- Padron 1926 #35
- Illusione Rothschild
- Muwat Baitfish
- LP PFs

Padron corticos are also delicious as well. Great thread.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for all the great ideas, I'm glad to see other people have an interest in this niche as well. I've been smoking more between meetings and when finishing up at the office, but like others have commented - sometimes there is a good time to enjoy a shorter smoke and being able to finish without putting it out or driving in the car (something I've been doing more often and I don't always have the best luck in getting the ash in the ash try well enough to the dismay of my car floor). Another driving factor.

I'll be making some new buys based on these suggestions.

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
On the partagas, I'm curios if you guys have a preference of the partagas shorts over the millefleurs. I've got 10 of the millefleurs coming and opted for them over the shorts based on price.