What's new

Smart Phone Decision..

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have Verizon, which one should I get. It's buy 1 get 1 on the HTC Droid incredible is that a good phone? I've always had simple feature phones so I don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Thanks-Zach

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a smart phone and went back to a simple flip phone because internet is $30mo PER phone... Couldn't justify it...

My brother has the droid and loves it...

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Zach, they're different phones with the same operating system, kinda like HP and Toshiba. I have the HTC Desire and I absolutely love it! You won't be disappointed.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Do you need the 2 phones or are you only looking to get 1? If 2 I think there are a bunch of BOGO deals, I have a Droid 1. If I had to get a phone now, I would get the Droid X. Both seem pretty nice but after playing with them I liked the X over the Incredible.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Do you need the 2 phones or are you only looking to get 1? If 2 I think there are a bunch of BOGO deals, I have a Droid 1. If I had to get a phone now, I would get the Droid X. Both seem pretty nice but after playing with them I liked the X over the Incredible.

The X is buy 1 get 1 too. Phones would be for my wife and I.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Go to verizon.com and compair the 2 side by side. Pretty much the same phone, I think the X has a larger screen which I prefer. Then take a look at both of them at the store, they are basically the same thing so it will come down to which ever feels better.

The data plans are not cheap and I thought I would never use mine, I was wrong. I use it for everything, get the unlimited one...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Melissa & I just got droids on black Friday (Sprint- Samsung Transform) - got both w/car adapters & bluetooth sets for $42 out the door - originally we were going for the Evo's but decided the money was best spent elsewhere.

Either way - you will soon be spending hours staring into your phones... Lol!

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are lots of reports from good sources that Verizon will start selling iPhnes early next year, i.e. in a month or two, if you want to wait and see.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just did the whole switch carries and search everywhere for a new smartphone. I finally settled with the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, currently the No. 1 consumer rated smartphone. I think Verizon carries both the fascinate and continuum which are both galaxy s variants.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had the regular droid and now I have a droid x. My girlfriend got the samsung fascinate at the same time (also android operating system). We both love them. The droid x is a little more edgey and has slightly better google integration (mail and search) . The fascinate has some nice social networking features but it's search engine is Bing! And I'm not as big a fan of that.

Both great phones though

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
There are lots of reports from good sources that Verizon will start selling iPhnes early next year, i.e. in a month or two, if you want to wait and see.
Although it would be nice for Verizon and iPhone users, this is still speculation. I have family in upper management with Verizon and they honestly dont know if or when they'll start carrying the iPhone. My gf is also a sales rep for them and she told me about 2 weeks ago that they were given strict instructions not to elude to or lead anyone to believe Verizon will ever carry the iPhone. I think since they now carry the iPad all the reports are jumping to assume they will carry the iPhone soon. Personally, and again my thoughts are influenced by my "sources", I think Verizon will eventually carry the iPhone. But I would'nt be surprised if they didnt.

I have the Droid Pro and LOVE IT. Used to have a Blackberry and loved that too.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I got the Evo on Sprint. It's the most awesome phone I've ever had. I actually use it where with my old phone it was pretty much a clock and a texting device.