What's new

Smoke Management Devices

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was wondering if any of you use any "smoke eaters" or ionizers or whatever in your car or in your house. I've heard that the car cigarette lighter ionizers are pretty good. Any thoughts? :smokingco

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I'd be interested in hearing some of the responses also. I don't smoke in our finished basement but probably would if there was something good to pull the smoke/smell out.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have put a fan in the window and smoked right by it when it was cold out. Otherwise it's outside or in the car with the windows down only.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hambo said:
I was wondering if any of you use any "smoke eaters" or ionizers or whatever in your car or in your house. I've heard that the car cigarette lighter ionizers are pretty good. Any thoughts? :smokingco
I have a small room (spare bedroom) that I smoke in. I have a double window fan on full. This is the most important (IMO) - get the smoke out. Next I have an electric air cleaner (no hepa filter to replace) - got the biggest possible. This helps with smell. Keep the door closed at all times.

This past weekend, my mother was here about 5 hours after I had a cigar. She has a nose like a hawk and did not smell anything at all - including right in the smoking room.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Are there any draperies or upholstered furniture in the room?
Yes and yes. I'm sure the curtains smell but the chair is okay. Like I said, I think the key is to vent the smoke as soon as you can.