What's new

SMOKE THAT OLD THANG (OE 2015) CHALLENGE

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Full disclosure, I got this idea from another forum.... Anyways, here it goes!!!

STOP PUSSYFOOTING AROUND AND SMOKE THAT OLD BASTARD!!!

The rules are simple, I have set a budget for donating to OE this year. I'm setting my limit at $500 (I would love it if there are some guys that would like to add or match the donation, as it would allow the really old stuff to be smoked up!!!). That's what I can muster, and I truly believe this to be going to a great cause, so it is worth it to me!

For every year of box date the cigar you smoke has, i will pay $1. It's that easy. Smoke something with 10 years age, i pay $10, smoke something with 2 years of age i pay $2, smoke something rolled yesterday, i'll pay $1 for your efforts. Post up what you're smoking in this thread and how much age it has from the box date. Try and post a picture of the cigar, but if you can't that's ok, we believe you
Please post the name of cigar (if you even know it) and age, you can post box date if you wish but i'm trying to make it easier on myself to tally up all the ages, so if you do post the box date please make sure you have the age as well written in the post. Most likely the super old stuff will come from CC smokers, but I know that some of you NC guys are holding out on some serious stuff, so let's see it!!!

This commences as of today (April 22nd) and concludes on May 9th (a little over 2 weeks , MAKE HASTE!!) The cigar must be smoked within this time period. (Can extend the dates if need be).

All money will be donated under the Operation Esteli donate option on the MicroProjectInitiative Website (Here's the link if you want to donate yourself!)

http://microprojectinitiative.org/donate

I will total up how ever many years of age has been smoked in this thread and that total amount will be donated, to a maximum of $500. Payments will be made in installments (as to not take a huge hit in the account all at once (if this is not okay, let me know, otherwise I will update the thread with the donation installments)) Don't be scared to post up even if you cigars are only 1 or 2 years old... every little bit helps. I'll provide proof of payment at the end.

Don't be shy and i look forward to seeing you pull out all those old old sticks you've been keeping in the back corner of the humidor. Light those bastards up, they won't give you any satisfaction sitting in the humidor! Get that smoke into ya!

The smoker of the oldest stick will be sent a 5er of premium (although probably not as old) cigars!

Special thanks to all those brothers who set this thing up and who pour so much of their own time and money into this. Again, I truly believe this to be an incredible mission!

Let the old leaves be set aflame!!!

-Paul

Last edited:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Awesome "contest". The oldest I've got on hand is the first Carlos Torano release...the original virtuoso. I'll have to look and see how old it is. made in the 90s.

I'll post pics when it goes up in flames

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Awesome "contest". The oldest I've got on hand is the first Carlos Torano release...the original virtuoso. I'll have to look and see how old it is. made in the 90s.

I'll post pics when it goes up in flames
Good point, gonna update this to say "Challenge"!

Thanks man. Looking forward to it!