What's new

Smoked Brisket

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Decided to smoke some beef brisket this passed weekend.

Here's a couple all rubbed up...

And a couple as they come out the smoker...

and here they all is...all 50 lbs of 'em...ready for grubbin'

discovered a new store recently and needed to try out the meat. restaurant depot. my new favorite place.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
did my first three racks of pork ribs on a gas grill this weekend...took four hours but much better than I expected. It wasnm't 50 POUNDS THOUGH!:bigeyes:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
holy shit some some brisket to you is 50 lbs... wow looks great !!!!
I'm with you on that my NC brother!

I've seen some of his other posts and believe me the man can cook!

....and not just that, some of the floors he refinished are just down right works of art! :thumbsup:

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Those look amazing. Do any competitions? Or purely recreational?

I do competition style bbq, but don't do competitions. did tons and tons of research and talked to countless pros about the secrets and tricks of cempetition bbq.

You do hot n fast too?

That bark looks awesome!
not sure what you mean by hot-n-fast, but my bbq is anything but hot-n-fast. those briskets took 12 hrs minimum

brisket, tritip, hc, cigars ............drool
lookin' forward to tryin bills tri-tip and really looking forward to trying some hc. never had the pleasure.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
50 lbs... i'm moving to the midwest. somewhere that i can quickly react to all the amazing foods you guys make around here!

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do competition style bbq, but don't do competitions. did tons and tons of research and talked to countless pros about the secrets and tricks of cempetition bbq.

not sure what you mean by hot-n-fast, but my bbq is anything but hot-n-fast. those briskets took 12 hrs minimum
I bet not too many of them mentioned cooking hot n fast. Hard to break them habits.

If you're ever in a hurry, or just to try it once, crank the heat. I cook all my briskets and pork butts at 300*-325*+ anymore. Done in 4-6 hours with nothing lost on the taste and tenderness.

Several comp teams are winning this way as well. Try it once :thumbsup: