What's new

Smoked my first pipe yesterday.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So, I've wanted to smoke a pipe for awhile now, something to take the time up from burning $8-12 at a time with a cigar. I bought a Corn-Cob pipe and 2 oz of Golden Cavendish from my B&M yesterday and had a go. I did enjoy it, although I'm now wondering about different kinds of tobaccos. I like strong cigars but I think for a pipe, and just starting out, I'd like to have some sweeter stuff. Can anyone recommend anything that tastes a little sweeter?

EDIT***After smoking my first pipe yesterday, I won an auction today on eBay for a Meerschaum pipe...I'm crazy like that. The pipe only ran me $20, but it IS Meerschaum. Either way, I hope it smokes well. If anyone wants, I can get a picture of it and post it here, if someone can tell me how.

Last edited:

JMN

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There are a number of C&D blends that are more aromatic and sweet.

Try 4noggins.coms essence of vermont as well. Catamount is sweet to.

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think people's tastes in pipe tobacco tend to vary more widely than with cigars so since many shops will let you try samples for free (unlike cigars) you should try to find a shop with a wide variety that will let you sample. My personal favorite is called Ebony and is made L.J. Peretti.