What's new

Smokeing times

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
OK I have a question. I have been smokeing cigars for several years and I know that I have rushed cigars more that I should and maybe that is why I can not always pick up flavors in cigars that I smoke. So I ask what are typical smoking times for cigar sizes.

Churchill
Roubusto
PC
Corona
ect... I think you get the meaning. And since I am still a nuckle head and the is a link to this someone just point me there and I will thank you.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It also depends on how far you smoke it down.

Those times above are pretty much down to where there is barely room for my fingers.

Most times I leave about an inch or a little more...then those times are cut by around 15 minutes.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
It also depends on how far you smoke it down.

Those times above are pretty much down to where there is barely room for my fingers.

Most times I leave about an inch or a little more...then those times are cut by around 15 minutes.
As much as possible I end up removing the band and smoke it to the very end.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In addition to previous answers it also depends on the maker of the cigar. Anyone had the El Titan de Bronze Hemmingway? That little sucker takes well over an hour but just looking it it looks like a 20 minute smoke.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
OK I have a question. I have been smokeing cigars for several years and I know that I have rushed cigars more that I should and maybe that is why I can not always pick up flavors in cigars that I smoke. So I ask what are typical smoking times for cigar sizes.

Churchill
Roubusto
PC
Corona
ect... I think you get the meaning. And since I am still a nuckle head and the is a link to this someone just point me there and I will thank you.
Now if your with Randy:

PC - 2 hours
Robusto - 3 hours
Corona - 4 hours
Churchill - Dont bother me I'm still smoking it

:headroll: :headroll: :headroll:

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I like to play around with my puff frequency, drag strength, length of time I hold the smoke in, length of time I squeeze the smoke out and multiple pulls at once. The thing I love about cigars is that it's like being married, you don't know which combination is going to get you laid or smacked at that particular moment in time.

Married 34 years come June and still learning!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Now if your with Randy:

PC - 2 hours
Robusto - 3 hours
Corona - 4 hours
Churchill - Dont bother me I'm still smoking it

:headroll: :headroll: :headroll:
Ok, no shit, I managed to make a RASS yesterday last 1.5 hours. Didn't relight - just used one of Rob's tips and sipped the cigar...it had flavors I'd never tasted before that way!

I do subscribe to the "smoke slow and enjoy" theory!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Churchill ~ 80-100 minutes
Robusto ~ 50-65 minutes
PC ~ 55-65 minutes
Corona ~ 60-75 minutes

I think I am an average to slow smoker, see my estimates above in bold. Many sizes above come different lengths and ring gauges depending on the manufacturer, so I just put an average for me on that and how much time to devote to the cigar. Since meeting a few fine brothers taught me, I slowed down how often I draw. The smaller the ring gauge, less draw and slightly more often. The larger ring gauge, the more forgiving the cigar will be. The worst thing I find when smoking is heating up the cherry too much will cause me a bad smoking experience.