What's new

Smoken & the weather

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, Mine seems to.. In the summer I Like a bit Milder smoke, and the "Winter" I Think of Texas, Sorry a bit bolder one.. Now some have been in th ehumi a while also, and have mellowd with age as I Myself have (Being stuck in the humi)...

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Mine changes more throughout the day than the year. I normally prefer a good medium to full bodied smoke any time, but if I'm going to smoke a milder cigar, then it nearly always has to be earlier in the day.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
For me, the size of the cigar is the only thing that I consider for different seasons. For cooler weather I usually grab small cigars or pipes for a nice 20 minute smoke ... vs the summer when anything up to churchills is fair game.

Of course this is due to the fact that my "smoking room" is the backyard deck, which is exposed to the elements. If I had a place to smoke indoors, there would be no restriction.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
For me, the size of the cigar is the only thing that I consider for different seasons. For cooler weather I usually grab small cigars or pipes for a nice 20 minute smoke ... vs the summer when anything up to churchills is fair game.

Of course this is due to the fact that my "smoking room" is the backyard deck, which is exposed to the elements. If I had a place to smoke indoors, there would be no restriction.
Actually, this applies to me too.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope, but in the winter i tend to smoke a pipe more often

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During hot summer months I tend to not smoke at all during the day, sometimes not even cigarettes simply because there really is no indoor place with air conditioning that I can smoke in.

I don't mind the cold one bit, and I can't wait till the cold rains and wind start, me snug in a warm jacket, sitting on porch, smoking a nice cigar.......

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The outside temperture/weather doesn't affect what I smoke; I grab what I want and adjust myself for the elements...or in the case of cold winter, grab a space heater and head to the garage.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going on only a year of smoking cigars, but for me I enjoy medium to full bodied cigars all year round. I think it veries more on the time of day and not the season.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Originally Posted by tedski

Actually, this applies to me too.
The Size is the same for me, In the cold part of the winter I'd freeze my ass off with a Churchill, so I switch to a Robusto :smokingbo

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Having only smoked for a little over a year now, and most of that time it has been 90+ deg. outside, I have not notice a trend yet.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The Size is the same for me, In the cold part of the winter I'd freeze my ass off with a Churchill, so I switch to a Robusto :smokingbo
Yea I would think it gets cold out by you....hell it's cold in Jersey