What's new

Smokers?

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What smokers do you all reccomend? It will be maonly for pork ribs, beef brisket, and chicken. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
Depends on the price your willing to pay. Low end you can get away with just a Weber charcoal for what you need it you can get a chargriller offset. Mid range are the Brinkmann offset and high end are your Langs, Horizons and others. All depends on how much you want to spend. I've had a chargriller for about 10 years, gets the job done but when it finally a kicks, which is SOON I'll be investing in a Lang.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You also have to weigh the electric heater with the auger that adds the wood pellets for you (you can put something on that, set it, let it run all day and be done with it), or if you want something that is going to take a little more involvement.

I have a brinkman offset that I picked up from home depot. It takes some checkin' on over the course of the day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recently got the xxl big green egg and i have to say everything we put on there burgers/steak/brisket/chicken/ribs, etc....they all came out delicious and perfectly cooked....not one problem and its so easy to work.....great investment.....i totally recommend this product...works great with or without the indirect plate....i just did a 15pd brisket for 18 hrs smoke and it was melt in my mouth perfect.....BIG GREEN EGG for life....

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It takes some checkin' on over the course of the day.
I think this is part of the fun. Being outside putting more charcoal or wood on to keep temp right. Gives me a sense of accomplishment as opposed to the set and forget type. Plus if you are out there all day, more time for cigars.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I think this is part of the fun. Being outside putting more charcoal or wood on to keep temp right. Gives me a sense of accomplishment as opposed to the set and forget type. Plus if you are out there all day, more time for cigars.
Exactly! (i just didn't want to bias the original poster)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Exactly! (i just didn't want to bias the original poster)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I am with you guys and I enjoy having to check on my fire box and the temp. I use a Char Broil offset smoker and love it, you don't have to just use it as a smoker as you can just place coil down int he main chamber and do your normal BBQ burgers and dogs.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I have a Kingsford grill, looks very similar to Yodis's there and it works well for smoking. When I replace, I'll get something with an offset hot box. If I had the $$ I'd go Big Green Egg, I've had no personal experience with them, but I've heard nothing but positive things.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Finally found it! I knew I had a better picture of the whole smoker. This is a good little smoker, not the best sealed unit but it gets the job done!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've got an 18.5" weber smoky mountain. Works well for me.

KK33
This, By far the best bang for your buck smoker. Been using one for the last 3 years and love it. Super easy fire controls and it holds rock solid temps like a champ. I have done up to 18 hour smokes with one fuel load and no temp tweaking.

check out smokingmeatforums.com too.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

This is what I use... (propane/charcoal/sear/smoker combo)...

I prefer an offset firebox... lets me tinker with the smoker all day and have fun.. gives me an excuse to stay outside, smoke cigars, drink beer, and play with my grill :)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Klose BBQ pits are the gold standard IMO. Bbqpits.com. Btw his website sucks

http://www.tejassmokers.com/products/2040cdet.htm

These look pretty solid as well! I ran across this co when I was buying mine years ago..again shoulda woulda coulda gotten that side verticle smoking chamber...annnnd it looks like this one you can hook up a lp tak to the fire box to get coals started and maintain heat like an oven if you feel like sleeping a little while during your smoke lol.

You get what you pay for 1/4" steel and quality welds and racks will last forever if taken care of. My pit (smokemaster) is going on14 years with no cover and only is dis colored on the firebox lid.

http://www.texasbbqforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9848. Pix of my pit in action lol