What's new

Smokin a bit of History-1940's Prinze Hienrich

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
To celebrate another snot rocket of snow here in Michigan. I decided to surprise the Brother-In-Law (JoeGar) with a mini herf of the 1940's Prinze Heinrich (pre-emb). These bad boys were gifted to me for my b-day from a fine BOTL (you know who you are)

So here it goes:

Prinze Heinrich (forgot to take dimensions-sorry)

These bad boys were tough to smoke. But figured they had lived long enough and should surely be ready to smoke. Their looks definetly prooved that they had been around a while and were well taken care of.

The cap cut like a dream with my Palio cutter.

Predraw was wonderful and had zero resistance.

Lit right up with the double torch lighter (not sure of the brand).

This thing was a magical stick right out of the gate. The creaminess was overwhelming and the thick, chunky, you could chew on smoke was heavenly.

This was not too hard to review as it was the most consistant cigar that I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Hints of cedar, white pepper, and a distinct taste of leather. Want to say, kinda like a horse saddle. By saying that I mean it was like the way an old peice of leather would taste (in my imagination anyhow).

The ash was a beautiful thing as you can see as I took pics of JoeGar as he babied the ash. It was wonderful that this thing could hold the ash as it did for how old it was. Here is a couple of progressing pics

Joe was determined to make the ash as long as he could

Again, these sticks did not change one bit from cap to foot. Some may not like that, but for this wonderful thing. It was exactly what I wanted. Smoked them to the nub.

And of course had to take a respectful picture of their final resting place.

Wow, this was my first Pre-emb and all I can say is I wish I was alive when these things were being made. There is such a major difference between the cc's of today and those of yesteryear.

I thank you Brother for the opportunity to experience these fine gifts. It is definetly a taste I will never forget, but always long to taste again.

Thanks for reading. Sorry I am not as much of a writer as most of you all.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Great review Scott! I have a few of these smokes sleeping in my humi. Reading this makes me want to fire one up sooner than later! I've only smoked one PE myself. But I agree about the difference in the cc's of today. The taste is perfect on these old timers. Glad you enjoyed it & thanks for taking the time to tell us about it!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
welld one scott. glad to see you shared it with Joey. I just hope this one didn't give him cause to take a knee.

Sounds like i'm gonna have to put out an APB for a pre-emgargo. perfect taste??? that's a statement worth noticing.