What's new

Smokin' Butt!

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Half a Boston butt, that is! Got this on the Webber right now. My schedule was all screwed up today. So, I'm smoking it tonight and I'll finish it in the oven tomorrow. Damn, I wished I had remembered to start it this morning. Smells delicious.

smoker 0.jpg

smoker1a.jpg

smoker1.jpg

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Howd it turn out??
I'll have a report later. Looked and smelled delicious coming off the smoker, but I only left it on there long enough to get the smoking done. The sweet smell of smoke is moving through the entire house.

It's been in the oven since this morning and we'll be eating it in about 5 hours.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't beat a good cut of smoked meat. Looks good and so does the weather. I will be up in your neck if the woods for a week in mid April. Staying in Fort Dodge and working with your National Guard unit in Agnola.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Turned out fantastic. I smoked this for 3 hours last night with roughly 50/50 apple and hickory. I put it in the fridge overnight and put it in the oven cold at 10:00 this morning. Oven was set for 250 degs. Pulled it out around 5:30. These are easy to do for pulled pork and are very forgiving. I make a few of these each year.

You can tell its been cooked for the perfect length of time (my opinion) because the bone has completely separated from the meat. If you cook it too long it will get mushy, which I don't want. The pictures aren't the greatest, but...
IMAG0870a.jpg

The meat comes apart with minimal effort using only a fork.
IMAG0872a.jpg

IMAG0874a.jpg

Final judgement is 5 full stomachs and silence at the dinner table, which means the boys were actually eating and not gripeing about something. Sides were home-made baked beans, home made potato salad, green beans and sweet corn. Rounded it all out with Dr. Pepper in the mug.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Can't beat a good cut of smoked meat. Looks good and so does the weather. I will be up in your neck if the woods for a week in mid April. Staying in Fort Dodge and working with your National Guard unit in Agnola.
The weather has been unusually warm over the last 10 days or so. The temps are going to be a little more seasonal with some rain this week.

Fort Dodge is about an hour from here. I make it over there a few times a year for work. Just south of Ft. Dodge there is a tiny town called Otho. There's a place there called the Otho Pub. The Otho Pub is a small ma and pop bar and has some stellar stuffed hashbrowns. I mean they are in the holy cow good category. It's sort of a landmark. If you have a free evening, you should check it out just for the stuffed hashbrowns.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The weather has been unusually warm over the last 10 days or so. The temps are going to be a little more seasonal with some rain this week.

Fort Dodge is about an hour from here. I make it over there a few times a year for work. Just south of Ft. Dodge there is a tiny town called Otho. There's a place there called the Otho Pub. The Otho Pub is a small ma and pop bar and has some stellar stuffed hashbrowns. I mean they are in the holy cow good category. It's sort of a landmark. If you have a free evening, you should check it out just for the stuffed hashbrowns.
Thanks for the tip. Yep I will definitely check it out.