What's new

Smoking a stick right after its delivered

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always been a proponent of letting a stick rest at least a week after its been delivered just for good measure. Today I received 3 boxes of la bomba atoms, let the boxes come up to house temperature, since its pretty cold here in Boston. Then placed all 30 sticks in my humis. Well i broke down and just had to have one, figured since I had 30 it might make for a good experiment to how they mature from day 1. I must say I am very surprised! I'm currently smoking it and the draw and taste are perfect! I ordered them from cbid so props to them also. Just figured I'd share this incase anyone else also gets that itch when they get an order delivered.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I think a lot depends on the weather for me.. I've gotten crispy dry sticks during the hot times, and over humidified sticks during rainy times. So I tend to give them at least 3-7 days to stabilize before I fire one up.. but if it comes with a boveda (sbc) I can smoke them ROTT.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I did this yesterday and to my surprise no issues smoked very well. I have done it before with terrible results. That was this summer. I smoke one every week out of that batch just to see. The 4th week was when I had a nice smoke. Different weather plays a roll I think

TNTGOLFER

Army Ranger and LEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to check one out, especially if its a smoke that Ive yet to try... I have no patience!

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'll usually give one a smoke ROTT unless they are excessively squishy or crackling under a little squeeze. Sometimes they are good, sometimes not. I never judge the whole line based off that first one ROTT.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough cigars rested and ready to smoke that I never smoke anything right away. I'd hate to be disappointed in a cigar that in a couple of months will probably be where it should be.
I definitely was worried about being disappointed since I had never smoke anything without atleast a week of rest but I was pleasantly surprised. I wont be making a habit out of it, especially since I dont make a habit of ordering 30 of the same sticks lol but just figured Id post my results to see what other had to say. Theres definitely so many variables thay can go into it and definitely isnt worth the risk especially if its something you dont have a large quantity of.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I think a lot depends on the weather for me.. I've gotten crispy dry sticks during the hot times, and over humidified sticks during rainy times. So I tend to give them at least 3-7 days to stabilize before I fire one up.. but if it comes with a boveda (sbc) I can smoke them ROTT.
This is exactly what I do. Current weather definitely plays a large role if I want to light one up ROTT. I will also only do this if they've shipped with a Boveda. I can only think of one or two times this mentality hasn't worked out for me, out of quite a few.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Most of my cigars come from Famous or Holts. Since I usually get 1 day delivery from either, they usually arrive way too wet for my tastes. Even knowing this, I'll still sometimes lite up OTT, if it's something I haven't had before, and really want to try.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have always been a proponent of letting a stick rest at least a week after its been delivered just for good measure. Today I received 3 boxes of la bomba atoms, let the boxes come up to house temperature, since its pretty cold here in Boston. Then placed all 30 sticks in my humis. Well i broke down and just had to have one, figured since I had 30 it might make for a good experiment to how they mature from day 1. I must say I am very surprised! I'm currently smoking it and the draw and taste are perfect! I ordered them from cbid so props to them also. Just figured I'd share this incase anyone else also gets that itch when they get an order delivered.
So you are the one who keeps stealing all those atoms from cbid... they are good straight from the mail or anytime you pull one out from storage.

Now, stop taking all the damn boxes!!!!! LOL

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Most often the items I get from CBID are too moist to be considered optimum when they hit my mailbox.
I have exploded many cigars this way, so I do not smoke anything ROTT any more, unless it is a fiver from a friend I trust to keep his stock properly.
Currently I am rehabbing a group of Liga Privada from CBID that are very dry, amazingly .
Of course I feel they have not spent much time at CBID, being the Unico line.
Nobody seems to hold on to these for long before they are sold........

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are the one who keeps stealing all those atoms from cbid... they are good straight from the mail or anytime you pull one out from storage.

Now, stop taking all the damn boxes!!!!! LOL
Hahaha I only won 3 boxes one time, sort of on accident since I didn't think I'd actually get all three. I'm stocked now for awhile though lol the rest are all yours!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hahaha I only won 3 boxes one time, sort of on accident since I didn't think I'd actually get all three. I'm stocked now for awhile though lol the rest are all yours!
Only messing with you - I like that cigar also. Trying to determine which cigar I’m smoking after today’s second thanksgiving feast. And... the third tomorrow. Damn!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Most often the items I get from CBID are too moist to be considered optimum when they hit my mailbox.
I have exploded many cigars this way, so I do not smoke anything ROTT any more, unless it is a fiver from a friend I trust to keep his stock properly.
Currently I am rehabbing a group of Liga Privada from CBID that are very dry, amazingly .
Of course I feel they have not spent much time at CBID, being the Unico line.
Nobody seems to hold on to these for long before they are sold........
I've gotten overly wet and overly dry stuff from them in the same shipment. Even more amazing, it was 2 identical fivers!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have always had better results after they have a little rest and so very rarely smoke one with less than a month rest. But hey, if you're happy with your results, keep smoking.
Same here. Sometimes I'll wait as long as 3 months before trying a new arrival.