What's new

Smoking a Tatuaje Avion...

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
And as much as I love the flavors this cigar is really kicking my ass. Ive smoked a few Faustos but this Avion just seems like its a notch stronger. They are the same blends correct?

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
same blend yes, and its interesting that you say that, i find the Avion to be a little more toned down than the Fausto.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It is my first cigar of the day and I didnt smoke at all yesterday so maybe thats the reason. I just ate a pretty large dinner beforehand though and its still making my head spin a bit. I still love the blend though, its not overly complex in my opinion. But the flavor profile is so good I dont want it to change anyways.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It does seem like its mellowing out a lot in the second half. I think I might of just been caught off guard a bit since I havent smoked anything this full in probably a few weeks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this one to be lighter as well - I enjoy all the Faustos- but this one tastes the best balenced for my palette

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
It does seem like its mellowing out a lot in the second half. I think I might of just been caught off guard a bit since I havent smoked anything this full in probably a few weeks.
Yeah, if it was your first cigar it will get you regardless if it was a Avion or Fausto...

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got one of these a few weeks ago. How much humi time should it need?
Just like Sin said, right now.

My Avion had about a month but I smoked multiple Faustos almost immediatly after B&M's got them in and they were 100% ready to go. Of course they will mellow out a bit with age but there is no flaws or green flavors when smoking them right away.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
The fausto I had was great, but up until the half way point, wasn't sure about it. It was super powerful. But at half it changed and turned into a fantastic smoke including all it's strength.

Same blend, but are they a different wrapper? Not that ive seen an avion in person, but the wrapper looks lighter. Guess I'll have to track down an avion and compare. Lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
same blend yes, and its interesting that you say that, i find the Avion to be a little more toned down than the Fausto.

I agree, I thought the fausto was over the top yet I enjoyed the Avion I had. Need a larger sample size but i was surprised when Pete himself informed my buddy that it was the same blend just box pressed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to try this a couple times to really appreciate it. The first time I had one a couple weeks back was first thing in the morning after a light breakfast with some other shop members, and the initial spiciness took me aback. But it does mellow out and seem to braoden as you smoke it slowly. I've tried it a couple more times, and though I can't say it's a go-to stick for me, it's one I can enjoy whenever. Haven't tried the Faustos yet

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Update...I really liked this cigar alot! Guess I'm in the minority here, but I liked it better than the Fausto and the La Casita.
Have you tried the corona size of the La Casita? If not, do so, it's the best imvho (much spicier/peppery-er). I'm planning to smoke my first Avion tonight, so we'll see what we see!

Rev

Perfecto Lounge
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've smoked several Fausto's including some pre-release direct from Pete as well as the Avion. To me, the Avion came across as a noticeably stronger smoke. Most of my regulars agree too...interesting..:scratchhe

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've smoked several Fausto's including some pre-release direct from Pete as well as the Avion. To me, the Avion came across as a noticeably stronger smoke. Most of my regulars agree too...interesting..:scratchhe
I wonder if it came across that way because it's a longer smoke (in terms of time), so it has longer to act on your system, etc. I often feel that way after big cigars, even if they're not crazy-strong, and have figured it's because by the time I'm putting that thing out, it's been 3 or 4 hours since I've eaten.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had the same backwards reaction too. I smoked an Avion and then a Fausto (ironically while sitting next to Pete) and found the Fausto to be a tad toned down, and a hint sweet almost. Strong, full bodied, but like when a hot sauce absolutely makes you cry like a girl, but then has a hint of sugar and molasses in the mix. The Avion to me tasted much more rustic, leathery and earthy. Similar, but maybe it was the lack of the added layer of complexity the Fausto has to me that made the power and spice of the pepper in the Avion stand out so much. (I possibly could be rambling and talking out of my arse too, I have been drinking a little tonight.)