What's new

Smoking at -35 degrees

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was down around -30 to -35 degrees in Minnesota lately. I needed a nice cigar to warm me up. So, what do you smoke when the days are frigid cold?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Im crying when I have to sit outside for an hour plus in 30 degree weather... I keep smokes short in the winter for the most part.. or reach for my pipe...

been smoking a lot of the 601 red guapitos this year on cold days since being introduced to them by several different people on this board..

definately wont go for anything larger than a robo on a cold day unless I am forced to.. (going to have to knucke down and smoke a toro sometime later this week or early next week to support a contest I am in... but will probably either hit the B&M or set up space heaters in the garage for that one..)..

petit coronas are about all I am really interested in when its cold outside.. if I can get them medium to full flavor.. and medium bodied.. all the better..

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I tried going in the garage 2 nights ago but no amount of space heaters was going to keep me comfortable. I'm just gonna have to wait for Spring or go to lounges when I can.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I had one at a B&M yesterday. Today ill be in my garage that's running a 35000 btu wall heater a 75000 btu torpedo heater and a heat dish.
Maybe be a little overkill but ill be semi warm..

Also I'm ready to move this weather is insane

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That's why I don't live in Minnesota anymore!?! It makes you prefer rain and clouds, go figure!?! LOL

I tend to smoke more PC's obviously when it's cold out. But I can get bored of PC's and need to dig out a corona gorda or robusto. But then again, it aint frickin' below zero where I live now! LOL

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've had a couple of Robustos and Coronas here in NJ, but I've been smoking the Papas Fritas like crack in this weather. I think they're a good smoke, but I think releasing them in winter was genius - they're the perfect smoke for the recent weather.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm in Minneapolis, and I can safely say: nothing. My ten minute walk to class was miserable. There's nothing I'm willing to sit outside smoking in this weather.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was down around -30 to -35 degrees in Minnesota lately. I needed a nice cigar to warm me up. So, what do you smoke when the days are frigid cold?
Not a damn thing unless it's indoors!
I gotta agree with this one! That's horrific to even think about. I remember though, when I lived in Chicago I'll never forget the day it was around 30 and it felt like a warm front! I knew then I had to move back South, asap!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Last week it got up into the upper 30's a couple of times and I was finally able to get outside and enjoy a smokey treat. This week the temps are down below zero though so I am abstaining.

Normally I will just jump in my beater pickup truck and go for a ride this time of year when I feel the need to have a smoke. At 13-14 mpg though it gets awfully expensive if I smoke anything bigger than a robusto. Baitfish and La Riqueza #5's have been my smokes of choice lately.

Last edited:

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
At this point, I don't smoke if it's below about 35F (unless indoors). We're having a cold snap right now (~25F right now, defined as "balmy" by most Chicagoans and Minnesotans) and I'm not going outside more than I have to!

As long as it's about 40 or warmer, the little space heater I have on the balcony usually makes it so I don't feel the cold.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to smoke in my place. Though a little chilly in here, it worked. I went outside today to get the mail... no wind so possible to smoke, but I wasn't going to wait for the wind to show up.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I tough it out and have one gar each evening in my garage after the kids go to bed regardless of the temps. I have an old goose down parka and wool balaclava to keep me warm. I'd be reluctant to fire up a Digger but will pretty much have anything else. It's in the single digits here today...

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I'm glad I don't have to deal with that kind of weather, but this is how I deal with cold weather (only 24F here right now, but that's plenty cold for me)

vent.jpg

Doesn't completely get rid of the cigar smell while your smoking, but it works well enough

Last edited: