What's new

Smoking at youth leagues games

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Just out of curiousity, i was wondering if anyone smokes at their childrens youth league games like baseball, football or soccer for example (outdoor of course). I would imagine I would like to do so when I have kids and they play sports.

The only thing is I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable if the smoke disturbed the game or crowd around me. Any thoughts?

Edit: maybe this should be in the debate room.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think it would depend alot on the area you live in. I could probably get away with it here, assuming I stayed down wind of everyone, but some places are so freaking uptight about smokers its sad.

When I was at Blue Mountain, Ontario they seemed to be much more against it... walking around outside quite a few people gave you the "I want to spit in your face" look, or would piss and moan to the person they were with about how inconsiderate you are... as if there is any more approriate place than outdoors??

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don't smoke in front of my kids, so not if they are there. If I am there when my kids are not and I will light up. Plenty of others smoking cigarettes and no bleachers for the sports at my kids ages (5 & 7). I will typically stand where the smoke is not blowing directly on others and will move if the wind changes.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have done it once.

The reason why I have never done it again is. I was at a football game that my daughter was cheering at. I wasnt smoking but this other guy was smoking a cigar.

And boy, did he look out of place. Smoking around kids or any school property is not real good. We need to set an example.

At least sometimes ! LOL

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have and will again but I only do it if you can smoke cigs. All school events are smoke free but some summer leagues play on private sites and if cig smoking is allowed I'll fire up a cigar.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I usually don't. Just feel weird. If I would I would be standing all by myself far away.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nope. I can wait an hour or so for one. Cigar/pipe that is. I would feel out of place because no one else does. Last summer this old guy came to the baseball games with one and I asked him about it. He never lit it, just chewed on it. Some gas station churchill sized stick, but he said he enjoys them at home and in the car.