What's new

Smoking ban approved in SLO

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I had planned on retiring near this area - Going to plan B

The San Luis Obispo City Council on Tuesday voted 4-1 to give its final approval to a ban on smoking in nearly all areas open to the public. Under the new law, smoking is prohibited in indoor and outdoor areas frequented by the public, including sidewalks, parking garages, bars, restaurants, stores, stadiums, playgrounds and transit centers. The citywide ban puts San Luis Obispo in the same class with two dozen other California cities that have banned smoking from all areas frequented by the public, including multi-unit residential areas.
If you enjoy cigars and freedom for that matter, never vote Democrat

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had planned on retiring near this area - Going to plan B

If you enjoy cigars and freedom for that matter, never vote Democrat
Would it matter if a letter/email was written to the council stating that you wont be retiring there if that is the environment they have created?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use to live in Pismo Beach right down the road from SLO...I used to visit a small cigar place and would buy my cigars there and knew at some point they would stop those of us who would walk up and down the streets with a cigar. City council is responding to the "threat" of people complaining and then not shopping as much around that area. The next area is the beaches...what a PIA that area has become.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sigh...another one bites the dust. All this sunny weather and we can't smoke outside in SLO. Oh well.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Is this inforced by the Police ?
I know here in MA all the smoking bans are NOT inforced by the police.
You have to call the Board of health to write the ticket...In which case you can tell them to go eat shit.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Multi-unit residential areas too? So if you live in an apartment or duplex, you're f***ed.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
What if we build a "Herf-bus" where we drive around billowing smoke from the windows all through the streets just to protest the smoking ban? We could take it to Del Mar, and the other cities while we are at it.

And, just to show we aren't completely insensitive, the bus will run on bio-diesel.

Just a thought.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
swell. and yes,,, gives police the right to stop/detain you.
Wow.... At least here in Massachusetts, smoking in "Non-Smoking" places is only a Municipal code violation. The police do not get involved. The best anyone can do is call the local department of health to report it.
It would be the same as calling the police because a McDonalds worker picked his noise while making your lunch.
The police just shrug thier shoulders and say what do you want us to do????

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You could always retire to the beautiful northern country of Canada here. We just take away your freedoms without anyone protesting at all. Then when you aren't looking, they up the law...at least you still have the weather.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Multi-unit residential areas too? So if you live in an apartment or duplex, you're f***ed.
Yeah... what if you own your own condo? Amazing... where ever this is... I'll never move to that location.

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to say something about this town but I'm lost for words. Here in NY it seems like they are not to far behind that town (I don't even want to mention their name) that it actually gets me concerned that eventually b&m's will charge a fee just for you to smoke one of the sticks you just bought. What is this country coming to!