What's new

smoking ban in dc????

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just saw this last nite where they are instituting a smoking ban in dc effective Jan 07...the news focused mainly on the cigar aspect of the ban so i dont know if its only 'gars or whatnot...len

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It is all smoking.

Apparently Shelly's is the only non-tobacco retailer not affected.

Oh, and some lounge in the capitol...I heard Pelosi is all over that one though.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jeez.....whatever happened to humans having a right to choose what and what not to do...

I'm all about having the choice to visit a non-smoking establishment if I want to eat without smoke in my face...but give people a CHOICE.

Ban on trans-fats too????

Good grief.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is all smoking.
Apparently Shelly's is the only non-tobacco retailer not affected.
Oh, and some lounge in the capitol...I heard Pelosi is all over that one though.
Yup, sad but true. Thank God for Shelly's!!! The cafeterias at the House and Senate office buildings used to have smoking sections, but they disappeared in the fall. Farking bastidges... :angryteet

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Houston is doing an city wide smoking ban as well. It was planned to take effect in the new year but a certain event coming to town :wink: delayed it until September.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I heard that too.....what a bitch! I shouldn't say that, but...:nono:
So you think congresspeople and senators should be exempt from the smoking ban? Why should they have a place but their consituents shouldn't?

There was nothing better (IMHO) than a big steak and a nice cigar at the District Chophouse.
:closedmou

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe making our illustrious Congressmen and Senators live in the real world and follow the same rediculous rules being forced down our throats will wake them up a bit. Maybe.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you think congresspeople and senators should be exempt from the smoking ban? Why should they have a place but their consituents shouldn't?...
Well, at least technically it is open to the public. In fact, I am sitting in it, smoking a Padron and writing this reply, right now. You just have to be willing to go through security to get to the basement between the Hart and Dirksen Buildings. Fortunately (or not :wink: ), I have meetings on the Hill fairly frequently, so accessing it isn't a problem for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, at least technically it is open to the public. In fact, I am sitting in it, smoking a Padron and writing this reply, right now. You just have to be willing to go through security to get to the basement between the Hart and Dirksen Buildings. Fortunately (or not :wink: ), I have meetings on the Hill fairly frequently, so accessing it isn't a problem for me.
I'll definitely be in touch with you next visit to DC!!!

:yes: