What's new

Smoking / BBQ

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yesterday I got up bright and early and smoked my first pork shoulder. By the time I got the grill up to temp, the shoulder went on around 8:15am. It had the bone and weighted about 7 pounds. Around 3 o'clock it was up to temp and ready to come off. I ended up make my own bbq sauce earlier in the week. I let the temp of the grill come down and put on about 5 coats making a nice bark on it. The wife made a veggie melody with fresh veggies from the garden. One of my best friends and his girl came over and we had pulled pork sandwiches, veggies and apple pie.

Then to end the night we both had Gurhka Black Dragons (9" is too much of a stick) and some Tequila.

My questions is does anyone know any good BBQ forums?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
"Yesterday I got up bright and early and smoked my first pork shoulder."

my first thought was i had never heard of the cigar brand 'pork shoulder.' :scratchhe :smokingbo

that sounds absolutely fantastic!! what is your bbq sauce?

don't know any forums though....

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
smoking baby backs is my favorite. ribs get coated with yellow mustard, then a load of dry rub on the ribs. sit in fridge overnite.takes me about 6 hours. 3-2-1 method. smoke at about 225 degrees for 3 hours. then wrap the ribs in foil with a little apple juice, and smoke for 2 more hours. then unwrap the ribs, and smoke for 1 more hour. then mop with BBQ sauce, and put on grill close to the coals just to give them a little crust. my ribs are legendary (at least in my mind)

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Ron!

The bbq sauce consisted of Jalapenos, bell peppers, onions, molasses, honey, worcester sauce, apples, little mustarded, few other spices I tossed in. I first sauted the apples and veggies in butter, they were chopped at this point. Then add the other ingredients in, brought to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Then poured it into the food processor so it was chopped fine and easy to brush on.

My rub was a garlic, cinnamon, cumin, peparika, pepper and kosher salt.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
check out these guys on youtube. real simple, and real good. i have cooked on charcoal my whole life, but just converted to a gas grill. i use a foil pouch of hickory chips to get some smoke flavor. check out all their videos
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8wKvRC_UYQ"]YouTube - Seared Chicken Thighs Recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys[/ame]