What's new

Smoking in movies

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This is ridiculous:
American Medical Association Alliance President Sandi Frost used as her chief example of a movie with "gratuitous smoking" this month's blockbuster "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which was rated PG-13 "for intense sequences of action and violence, and some partial nudity."

"Millions of children have been exposed to the main star of the film, Hugh Jackman, with a cigar in his mouth in various scenes," Frost said. "I'm willing to bet that not one child would have enjoyed that movie or Mr. Jackman's performance any less if he hadn't been smoking."
These fascist nannies just won't stop. Apparently, it's okay to have the main character who slashes and killes with his metal claws, but it's a moral offense to show him with a cigar? :angryteet

Doc

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This guy was smoking stogies since the beginning! give me a break!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Basically the same thing was said about the Hulk also. Characters smoking cigars. On a side note, I saw the trailer for the new John Dillinger movie. I wonder if they are going to leave out the part where Melvin Purvis lights his cigar?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Not that this has anything to do with movies but when I'm not working or smoking I like carrying around a cigar visible for all to see. My wife finds it annoying and offensive. I like making the sensitive people in this country feel uncomfortable around me because I flaunt my tobacco!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Not that this has anything to do with movies but when I'm not working or smoking I like carrying around a cigar visible for all to see. My wife finds it annoying and offensive. I like making the sensitive people in this country feel uncomfortable around me because I flaunt my tobacco!
:headroll:That there is some good stuff!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I had this mate who carried around an inverted pentagram, flaunting it as well. One day a group of us was together someone askedhim why did he carry it around like so when he was bound to offend someone. He said that he was simply being honest about himself, the same way people carry a crucifix around. That if theythought he was tryingto offend them, they should think twice before trying to make othersagree with their pointof view.