What's new

Smoking in movies

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Not that this has anything to do with movies but when I'm not working or smoking I like carrying around a cigar visible for all to see. My wife finds it annoying and offensive. I like making the sensitive people in this country feel uncomfortable around me because I flaunt my tobacco!
That's funny I went to a doctor's office once with a cigar sticking out of my shirt pocket he asked me if I smoked and I said no.. then he pointed to the cigar, told him I thought he was asking about cigarettes he just shook his head and said I guess good quality tobacco doesn't count.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I had this mate who carried around an inverted pentagram, flaunting it as well. One day a group of us was together someone askedhim why did he carry it around like so when he was bound to offend someone. He said that he was simply being honest about himself, the same way people carry a crucifix around. That if theythought he was tryingto offend them, they should think twice before trying to make othersagree with their pointof view.
well this is off topic, but as I read this I wonder... was your friend a devil worshiper?? or a freemason?? You state "he was simply being honest about himself, the same way people carry a crucifix around." Just has me curious whether he wore it to promote his beliefs or just to be a douchebag and start shit with anyone who mentioned his inverted pentagram.

But back on topic, I've seen the movie twice and only remember Logan have a smoke in his mouth once(when Zero and Striker visit him in the lumberyard), have to pay more attention next time I see it.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Basically the same thing was said about the Hulk also. Characters smoking cigars. On a side note, I saw the trailer for the new John Dillinger movie. I wonder if they are going to leave out the part where Melvin Purvis lights his cigar?
Johnny Depp and Christian Bale....that's gonna be a damn good movie!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
this just shows how utterly stupid the morals and social philosphies in our country have become. it makes no sense. it's comparable to spending a dime to save a nickel. they're missing the bigger picture...nudity, violence.

***NOTE*** I'm not against nudity for me, but for my 8 yr old duaghter or the 12 yr old boys...yes, i'm against it.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Now you can twitter your dis-approval of movies/shows that have people smoking to some b.s. site. Mad Men with out smoking? All I can say to them is F-OFF!!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
well this is off topic, but as I read this I wonder... was your friend a devil worshiper?? or a freemason?? You state "he was simply being honest about himself, the same way people carry a crucifix around." Just has me curious whether he wore it to promote his beliefs or just to be a douchebag and start shit with anyone who mentioned his inverted pentagram...
Freemason. Of course everyone thought he slaughtered babies and kitties so he was a tad tired of it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not that this has anything to do with movies but when I'm not working or smoking I like carrying around a cigar visible for all to see. My wife finds it annoying and offensive. I like making the sensitive people in this country feel uncomfortable around me because I flaunt my tobacco!
Dude, you're married. "I like making people feel uncomfortable" vs. "My wife finds it annoying and offensive." Whether an issue of cigars or anything else, I think your wife has the better argument. :hammersma Besides that, she is your wife. :)

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Dude, you're married. "I like making people feel uncomfortable" vs. "My wife finds it annoying and offensive." Whether an issue of cigars or anything else, I think your wife has the better argument. :hammersma Besides that, she is your wife. :)
Damn the logic!!! :grin:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually I think he's got an incredibly valid point. As far as I'm concerned if the gay marriage advocates/vegans/bunny huggers/feminazis/smokenazis and the rest of them can shove their opinins in our ollective faces, what the Hell is wrong with doing a little demonstration of our own? I'm sick and tired of these assholes trying to make us feel guilty for not dancing to their specific drummer. And as far as the wife thing goes, that's why I'm single, because I'm with him on that one too.

Mark

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
... As far as I'm concerned if the gay marriage advocates/vegans/bunny huggers/feminazis/smokenazis and the rest of them can shove their opinins in our ollective faces, what the Hell is wrong with doing a little demonstration of our own? I'm sick and tired of these assholes trying to make us feel guilty for not dancing to their specific drummer.

Mark
While I fully support any group their right to advocate for their cause I agree that the dictatorial and discriminatory actions of some of them should be taken to task. I can have a good relationship with others even we have opposing viewpoints, what I do have a problem with is people that color me "evil" just because I might not toe the same line that they demand of me.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the great idea!

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
And my wife was totally "used to it" but started giving me shit over the weekend. Who knows what women want?
Ummmm we don't know what we want! Our mood changes a lot and HELLO, watch out for the Full Moon, that, for some weird reason, sets us off in different ways.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ummmm we don't know what we want! Our mood changes a lot and HELLO, watch out for the Full Moon, that, for some weird reason, sets us off in different ways.
Thanks for admitting it! This reminds me, I wonder why more medical research has not been directed to the Full Moon. Not only is over 50% of the adult population during much of ther lives, but most of them are married and their husbands are affected as well!