What's new

Smoking in your car - Xikar Ash Can vs. Stinky Auto Ashtray

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I currently have a Xikar Ash Can that I am using in my car but am thinking of switching to a Stinky Auto Ashtray.

I am not 100% happy with the way that my cigar rests in the Xikar but my fear with the stinky system is that the clip will end up damaging my smoke. I would be very interested in hearing any comments that the brotherhood has to offer on the pros and cons of each.

Thanks,

Rupe

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I use the xikar ashcan. I generally dont use the rest. I was also looking at the stinky and had the same concerns.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have a Xikar but am hoping to get a Stinky soon. I have heard that the clips work well on the cigars. When I talked to Stinky about his ashtrays he was telling me he had the concept long before the product ever was done but getting the right clips is what held it up. He wanted to make sure he could get something that would hold the cigar firmly but not damage it. So a lot a thought was put into the clips before the final product was done FWIW.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I use the Stinky; clips work great and the top shuts tight. Big thumbs up from me. I've used the Xicar while in a friends car, nice ashtry.....but prefer the Stinky.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive really got to break down and get one of these things..

my car smells like stale cigars, and wet dog ass (the dogs go everywhere with me)..

Ive just been using cars ash tray...

I dont know who hates it worse.. my wife.. or the dogs lol...

every time I pull out the torch, they all start whining and rubbing their face with their paws... :)

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
FWIW, I bought a Xikar ashtray and wasn't too impressed. Found a cigar bobken, and I like that much better. And it's cheap! I'll put the xikar in my golf bag.

-Jared

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Ive really got to break down and get one of these things..

my car smells like stale cigars, and wet dog ass (the dogs go everywhere with me)..

Ive just been using cars ash tray...

I dont know who hates it worse.. my wife.. or the dogs lol...

every time I pull out the torch, they all start whining and rubbing their face with their paws... :)
bahahahahahah that's great.

I have the Xikar here. It's an easy target to ash in, which is nice. But I don't like the rest so I have to hold the cigar the entire time. The lid also does a pretty good job of locking in the smell.
I had the Bobken before, and think it's marginally better for my needs/wants.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I like the look of that Stinky over the Xikar. The one thing I still can't stand about either, is that they don't clip to the door like the Bobken. I was never going to try out the Xikar because of that silly spiral inside to hold the cigar. My bobken works well, just lacks a clip which can be an issue if I set the cigar down then hit a bumpy patch of road.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I like the look of that Stinky over the Xikar. The one thing I still can't stand about either, is that they don't clip to the door like the Bobken. I was never going to try out the Xikar because of that silly spiral inside to hold the cigar. My bobken works well, just lacks a clip which can be an issue if I set the cigar down then hit a bumpy patch of road.
I've only ever used Bobkens and been fairly happy. However, the last three times I hooked on to window or door I ended up dumping it on my left leg. No more. The edge that goes down into the window is too short to make it very stable. I'm sorry to hear that the Xikar spring-thing is a disappointment to some....I've got a bid on a couple of them over at cbid. Almost hope I lose now....

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I got a Xikar for my bday and love it. It has a permanent place in the second cup holder in my truck. I probably use it differently than most though. It does get ashed in, but the only time I use it to actually hold my cigar is if I stop at a gas station or something to run inside. It has the second little loop deal, put it in ash down, leave the windows cracked, run in grab a soda and back on the road.

Cheers :ccool:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I got a Xikar for my bday and love it. It has a permanent place in the second cup holder in my truck. I probably use it differently than most though. It does get ashed in, but the only time I use it to actually hold my cigar is if I stop at a gas station or something to run inside. It has the second little loop deal, put it in ash down, leave the windows cracked, run in grab a soda and back on the road.

Cheers :ccool:
Pretty much the same way that I use mine. I'll set it down if I need to take a drink of Coke or run in somewhere to use the restroom. I forgot to mention that I did try the Bobken but abandoned it because it would not stay between the window and the door in my work van. For quite a while I just set a single finger ashtray on my passenger seat but after burning a nice hole in the seat I decided to go with the Xikar.

Guess I'm just looking for something a little bit better now. It sounds like the Stinky Auto may be worth a shot.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I use a Bobken...I spend a lot of time on the road and the bobken just hangs on the window so the smoke gets pulled out and minimizes the cigar stench leftover in the car as much as possible.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I use the Stinky; clips work great and the top shuts tight. Big thumbs up from me. I've used the Xicar while in a friends car, nice ashtry.....but prefer the Stinky.
Lets get one thing straight................. Your car IS a Stinky!!!!!!!!!! :pokemyeye