What's new

Smoking Jacket or other options?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for basic information on smoking jackets. While I appreciate the beauty of the velvet fabrics and brocade collars, it really isn't fit for my front porch smoking style. I believe the concept with the smoking jacket is to limit my clothing from absorbing my cigars' odors and possible ash burns. My family accepts my affinity for cigars, but not the lingering odors.
What do other self-professed BOTL do to limit this problem? Most smoking jackets seem to be for fashion and not for smoking. Where do you store your jacket? Do you wash your jackets? Do you own smoking jackets?
Thanks.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Be sure to stop by the Intro thread and tell us a little about yourself!

I use jackets that don't cling to odor (like fleece, etc.). Things like leather, soft shell/hard shell jackets when it's colder out. Worst case, I just throw on a junk sweatshirt and put it in the washer afterwards.

No real smoking jackets. Just adaptation.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Morning Pudding Jackson,

First, you might want to stop by the introductions thread, and tell us a bit about yourself. Kind of a standing request amongst the brothers here.

Second, to answer your question, I just use an old flight jacket I had when I was training. It isnt anythig fancy, just enough to cover me up, Fleece if I recall. I think I was getting ready to throw it away, before I realized I could use it as a smoke jacket. I store mine in the shed, then wash it about once a week.

I dont own anything fancy regarding smoke jackets, no. Its just a jacket. If I was Hugh Hefner, Id be pimping the silk robe like he does. But I cant afford to burn ash holes in my silk robes. I dont have any......

-Chris

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Although my wife likes the aroma of cigars in the air, she hates the smell it has on clothes and sometimes on me.

Like MW, I just wear whatever. Most of the time it's not to bad since I smoke n the evening usually after the wife goes to bed. (I refuce to go to bed at 8:30 lol)

If I smoke on the weekend during the day I usually will change clothes and wash my hands. I've even taken a shower as I too don't like the smell of smoke on me either .

I've not had a problem with ash drops as I don't let my ash get too long.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have smoking clothes...nothing specific but some set aside clothes I use when smoking (from head to toe, including hats). I change into them before I smoke and change out of them and place them in a large garbage bag after I smoke until I need them again.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well now that I live in San Diego, I do most of my smoking in a wife beater, think Joe Dirt. The smell comes off when I shower haha

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
In wintertime, I wear a leather jacket. Seems to work the best out of anything I've got.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No one has ever told me my clothes stink bad.... If im feeling self conscious ill maybe put a spray of cologne on. Brushing my teeth/mints and washing my hands is the biggest must after smoking

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[video=youtube;85q_hRnl3oI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85q_hRnl3oI[/video]

that looks like something out of a pimps closet.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
BetaBrand

Has some of the best I have seen... and well, you can actually justify the cost b/c you can wear it as a blazer or dun dun dun, a smoking jacket. Wait till November (Black Friday) or X-mas, they always have great discounts.

Boom.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
BetaBrand

Has some of the best I have seen... and well, you can actually justify the cost b/c you can wear it as a blazer or dun dun dun, a smoking jacket. Wait till November (Black Friday) or X-mas, they always have great discounts.

Boom.
Everyone on my local club has one. They are great. Every time we are out on a group, we always get asked about them. Sharp looking jackets, if you ask me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
BetaBrand

Boom.
Dude, I want the black one! That's awesome!