What's new

Smoking Vs Collecting

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I saw the phrase 'accumulator' used earlier - this is me. Sure, I have sticks I like better than others, but I smoke them all. If you visit my house and we herf, you're welcome to pick any cigar out of my collection to smoke - there's nothing off limits. Smoke em if you've got em.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Anybody else feel like they have to nub every cigar they smoke?
I used to, and I still don't light something uber-fancy if I don't know that I'll have the time to savor it. That said, somewhere along the line I decided it's best to just let a cigar run its course - sometimes a $10-12 stick dies with a couple inches left, sometimes a $3-4 stick just keeps going til it burns your fingers.

On a side note, I vividly recall the moment that I became a true believer that it's best to pitch a gross stick and grab something else. (Usually - see below.) I lit a Neya (new to me), smoked about a quarter inch, said "F this" and pitched it. Not so much about getting my money's worth, because the money was already spent - but I wanted to smoke a cigar and enjoy it. As my inner old hippie says, you can always make more money, but you can't make more time, man...

*As a proud member of the dog rocket crew, I must point out that there's a big difference between the occasional smoking a turd for the entertainment of your fellow bros, than fighting through a crappy smoke when you want to be smoking something and enjoying it.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I, as well, collect them to smoke.

This is a bit off topic but I spent a long time feeling like I had to nub every cigar I smoked or I wasn't getting my money's worth. Not until just recently have I been able to put a cigar down half smoked if I feel like I've had enough. It's been liberating.
Anybody else feel like they have to nub every cigar they smoke?
I go back and forth with this often, Mike.

I tend to have no problem putting down a cigar I'm not enjoying, in fact I often get shit for it from the guys on vherf lol. Like Multi said above, it's not about the money, it's more about the time. I have no desire to waste an hour of my life smoking something I don't enjoy, regardless of how many positive reviews/opinions may surround that particular cigar.

At the same time, I find myself sometimes smoking a cigar down to the nub even if I am probably past the point where I have 'had enough' because it feels wasteful to put it out early. Although, this is becoming more rare and typically only happens with something I am really enjoying and know that I may not have/see again.