What's new

Smoking w/sinus pressure

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I know everyone has their own pet peeves and buzz kills for smoking cigars. I'm beginning to find out now what my biggest one is... and is making it almost impossible for me to enjoy a cigar right now. For the past week or so I've had terrible congestion and a stuffy nose most likely due to working outside in the recent cold weather that's swept through Colorado. As of yesterday I've started to get some sinus pressure behind my left eye that causes a constant dull ache that turns into a throb if I bend over at the waist. Doc has me on decongestants and antibiotics but the past day or two I haven't even wanted to try enjoying a cigar. It's that miserable. Thankfully we're flying all our aircraft back to Texas over today and tomorrow. Looking forward to getting out of this frozen tundra and back to warm Texas.

:disappoin :angeryell

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Sucks man. When I get a sinus infection like that, a cigar is about the last thing on my mind. The pain and pressure are first and foremost.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Only about 45* here man. Better than the mountains though, I suppose. Get better soon dude.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know what you mean it's almost pointless. I have what e-man said get, I have the bottle and sinus rinse. Works great except if you have a stuffy nose it's useless. You got the right meds so just a little time, but in the mean time pun intended, *It Blows!*

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
A spoonful of wasabi should take careof whatever ails your sinuses. Just make sure to take some pepto beforehand. :stretchgr

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago - got some antibiotics from the doc & that helped. The smoke WILL irritate your sinuses if you frequently push smoke through your nose - If it's still bothering you, than I would recommend just waiting until you're all healed up - besides, after not smoking for 3-5 days+, you REALLY enjoy that first cigar & all the flavors pop out at you!

Hope you feel better soon!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I agree - I use a netti pot too (perhaps once a week), but the netti was no match for a full blown, sharp pain behind the eyeball, genuine sinus infection.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
man, i've had sinus issues for 4 weeks now. Not much sinus pressure or pain, but my nose has been stuffed. I've been smoking cigars here and then when i can breath a little better than other times. I think i'm just going to hold off now, until this passes. I'm on my second different antibiotic as the first one didn't do jack.

last night i could actually breathe, so i smoked a plpc and all was good. Decided to move on to a t52 pig, and 5 minutes into, it kicks in. So bad i literally could not breathe through my nose nor could i taste anything from the cigar. what a waste of $12

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you have a sinus infection (green mucus) you need an antibiotic....I would get some plain Sudafed with actual pseudoephedrine (not phenylephedrine which does nothing) as well.

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I have to take flight doc approved meds since I'm still flying but I appreciate the info on the Netti! I'll look into it as soon as I get home tomorrow. It's ok though I'm planning on a trip up to DFW next week. Hopefully my sinuses are better so I can enjoy this awesome B&M I keep hearing about. For now I'm taking a hiatus from stogies since my down time from work also coincides with temps in the teens outside lol.

bigmanfromou

The BBMF
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I totally feel your pain. I've suffered of sinusitis since I was young. Climate and altitude changes are the WORST. After a while I can finally get adjusted.

The Neti pot is freakin awesome, just make sure your sinuses aren't too swolen when you use it though. You can end up trapping water rather than allowing it to clean them out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like you sent your sinus issues my way. Man looks like no partaking for me at least for the next few days. I love this time of year...