What's new

Smoking with the clock?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm always open minded so I tried this when I read it and I have to say during the last segment to the nub it makes a difference and the smoke without the heat scorching my tongue is great. Is always thought the heat was unavoidable but just sitting it down and going back to it works

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
^^

I've done this before for a brief stint, and while using the method it killed the relaxation aspect of enjoying the cigar for me. I've since left it behind, but an interesting moment years ago was when I was driving from Indianapolis, IN to Plainfield, IL using the method. I lit up just before leaving Indy with an Anejo 49 and arrived in Plainfield w/ some of the cigar still lit... just over 4 hours later.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Understanding the relaxation and not being on the clock it's a practice that makes sense and made a difference for me. We alllll smoke to relax and fall off the grid. Do you have to be anal about it waiting for a watch to beep ? Jesus no that WOULD kill the experience. But it's a rhythm and natural like learning how to drive a stick. You don't look at the Tach and speedo once u learn. So I learned that smoking too fast does make a diff with the heat in the cigar and the flavor. If we meet up I'm not showing up wit a stopwatch lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Cigar time is relaxation time. I try to forget the clock exists.

Dan
Well, yes and no.

You can't really relax with a cigar if it's not smoking right. Imho it's no sin if the inexperienced smoker times his drags until he gets the feel for it. Meaning learning both the right pace and how to tell when he's smoking too fast by the flavor of the smoke.