What's new

Sneaky Pete

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
anyone have any word on these holsters? I would like something better than the tuckable style but I always tuck my shirt in, old school, I kinda like the quick accessibility of these, but aint sure I want something that big hanging on my side without being obvious. (or a weinny fanny pac)
I know theres other IWB but I cant go with my shirt untucked.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've got an XDS 45 that's fantastic. Hard to go wrong with that option.

I'm not a fan of the sneaky Pete. Don't like fanny packs and don't like feeling like the gun is kind of swinging out there and not tucked close (I'm sure it's all in my head). I looked into tuckable IWBs and found a few good options. You'll still have the clip showing in your belt, but nothing else. I've never been "made" and I figure if anyone asks about the clip, I'll tell em it's for an insulin pump, haha. So many things clipped to belts these days that most people won't even notice.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm swinging between the XDS .45 or the Shield .40
I have a kimber solo 9mm but just dont know if I am a fan of the 9 enough to carry it.
Got it.
Go with the Shield, and FWIW 9mm and .40 do the same thing with modern ammunition.

I THINK Veil Solutions is making some minimalist holsters that could work for you.
You could look at options like belly bands and ThunderWear.

I've never seen a Sneaky Pete in person so I can't comment on it. But it will be rather large for any of those guns. My main concern would be somebody inquiring what the big box on my hip is.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Got it.
. My main concern would be somebody inquiring what the big box on my hip is.
thats my concern also, cause with either on, its gonna be big

I've got an XDS 45 that's fantastic. Hard to go wrong with that option. I've never been "made" and I figure if anyone asks about the clip, I'll tell em it's for an insulin pump, haha.
I am diabetic, so I could get away with that:)

I have an N82 holster, but I am just not satisfied with the way it fits. Kinda have the big bulge on the side.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I just purchased an Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck holster (aliengearholsters.com) for my EAA Witness .40. It is a hybrid that has a leather back that goes against the skin and a kydex shell and you can definitely tuck a shirt in while wearing it, but as stated above the clips will show which isn't a huge issue for me or in my opinion. Workmanship was great but each piece is made to order and takes a few weeks, but for around $30 I'm really happy with it. They will also replace the kydex shell free of charge if you change pistols. Since I carry a full sized pistol I have to keep it on my back instead of my side to avoid printing.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I'm not a fan of the Sneaky Pete either, I tired one with my Sig P238 for two weeks and didn't like it. It was too bulky and hard to get use to lifting the flap to draw cleanly. Also, got tire of explaining why I had a huge phone and the big case too, lol..

For me, a D M Bullard holster or 5-11 sling bag is much better for carry. But, that's just me, it might work better for you. Holsters are one of those things. User specific like or dislike.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've got a sideguard holster for a revolver of mine that works pretty well. It's called a TuckClip, only one clip (so not good for larger guns), and pretty discrete. Easy to tuck a shirt over.
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

I also have a BUNCH of different Thies holsters. These are more traditional hyrbid holsters. Pay the extra $10 for the premium leather.
http://theisholsters.com/index.php

Good luck on your search. I've got drawers full of old holsters I went through when looking for the right ones. I guess it's part of the fun?:confused:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I, too, have an XDs .45 and love it. I carry it most of the time, except when my clothing is so skimpy that I have to go to a summer gun (KT P3-AT). The Sneaky Pete looks fine in photos, but in real life, it is just too big and bulky, and likely to raise questions. Go with a good, comfortable holster and, just as importantly, a belt that is designed to support it.