What's new

Snow!!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope the cold air blast Monday and Tuesday pushed it out over the ocean and misses us. They said this morning its still to soon to predict it.

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
me to,this is the oddest winter i can remember ever around here,67 degrees in the middle of january,less then 4 inches of total snow,heck its 44 outside now,and febuary is suposed to be our coldest month...i hope we get a blizzard ,a foot plus of snow,loss of power for a couple hours,now thats winter.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Supposed to be a mix around here. I'd rather it just dump a boatload of snow and be done with it. I've got my snowblower ready to go!

Kevin

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am going to go cry in the corner now!!

This has been issued for my county

Homepage / Severe Weather
Hartford County

Issued at: 4:13 PM EST 2/11/07, expires at: 5:00 AM EST 2/12/07

A powerful noreaster will bring the potential for heavy snow and strong winds to the coast late Tuesday night and Wednesday,
A low pressure system is expected to develop off the mid atlantic coast early Wednesday morning. The exact track of the system is still uncertain. At this time, the storm is expected to pass near nantucket and the outer- cape Wednesday evening as it rapidly intensifies.
Snow is expected to develop across the region from southwest to northeast late Tuesday night. The snow should become heavy across the region by Wednesday morning. However, warmer air will begin to move in off the atlantic ocean. This will probably cause southeast massachusetts, cape cod and the islands to change to rain by late wednesday morning or afternoon. Even the boston to providence corridor will probably change to rain or sleet for a time.
Temperatures across interior southern new england are expected to remain below freezing. However, enough warm mid level air may move into areas along and south of the massachusetts turnpike to turn the snow to sleet for a time.
All in all, the potential for heavy snow accumulations exist even for locations that change to sleet or rain for a time. In fact, locations that change to rain or sleet may change back to snow wednesday evening as colder air filters back in.
In addition, northeast winds may gust between 45 and 55 mph along the coast on Wednesday as the storm system rapidly intensifies. Despite astronomical tides being low there may be some splash over or minor coastal flooding at the time of high tide Wednesday evening.
While it appears that a powerful coastal storm will affect the region late Tuesday night and Wednesday, the exact track remains uncertain. This means that confidence is low as to which locations change to rain or sleet for a time, which will greatly impact snow accumulations.
Stay tuned to noaa all hazards weather radio or your local media for updated information, or visit the national weather service taunton website at weather.gov/boston.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sorry Derek. While I was surveying the estate today,(aka walking around the yard seeing how many weeds I have to kill) I had to shed my jacket in the balmy 56 degree sunshine. Had an RyJ Churchill at the same time.