What's new

So Far So Good

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So I've been smoking the Pipe for about a month I'd say and I am enjoying it. I have only been smoking the cheap tobacco so far (I'm assuming it is cheap, get at the tobacco store that sells mostly cigarettes and dip) and it's not too bad. Going to finish it up and then try some finer pipe tobacco! My only problem so far is that most of the pipe tobacco does not seem to have very much flavor at all, any suggestions as to some that does?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
There are so many different types & blends - I think it takes a while to develope a good sense of what you like.

Personally, I tend to enjoy Vapers (Virginia & Perique) & English blends (Vaper + Latakia/orientals) the most. Some of my current favorites are Esoterica 'Penzance', McConnell 'Scottish Cake' & Rattray's 'Hal O' The Wynd'.

Some other good blends that I've enjoyed include GL Pease 'Odyssey' & 'Abingdon', McClelland 'Frog Morton On the Bayou', A&C Peterson Escudo, Stokkebye 'Luxury Twist Flake', Samuel Gawith 'Full Virginia Flake'...

There are so many I have yet to try... My personal list of must try soon include: McClelland Bulk 2015 & 3 Oaks Syrian, Reiner Long Golden Flake, Solani Aged Burley Flake & Silver Flake, Esoterica Stonehaven, & I'm always open to suggestions!

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If "flavor" is your goal, I second the many blends mentioned with "Latakia" in the mix. Most English blends rely heavily on this and is sort of their "thing". I'd avoid flavored tobaccos with "cherry" or fruit of any kind in the description until you've developed a little further, as these can become very "goopy" and tend to frustrate a new smoker.

Welcome to the Pipe Side!

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I guess flavor in terms of peach and Cherry is not what I'm shooting for, I'm just looking for body I guess. I cannot taste the current tobacco at all, like I'm just puffin on air. We'll see.
Posted via Mobile Device