What's new

So I am finishing up an opus x love affair lost city...

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
People always look at me funny when I say high end Fuentes smell like raisins! It's true!

-Charles
Ohhh that is odd, I recently had a FFOX Forbidden X 13 (PC vitola?) and it had an amazingly strong raisin flavor. I'm not sure I had ever picked that up in a regular FFOX but I will be paying more attention next time around. Have not yet tried a lost city, but I'll stumble across one eventually.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
As we speak and I am floored by the flavors coming from this stick. I have never tasted an opus with this much pronounced apple flavor on the finish. The cigar started out with dark chocolate and apple and then progressed to coffee with apple mixed in with some white pepper. Awesome....
Reminds me of the OR perfecto I smoked last year. A ton of apple smell coming off the wrapper. I thought I had read somewhere that these were aged in Calvados barrels, hence the apple smell and taste, and it was different from the typical Opus raisin smell, or at least way more intense.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Still have the Lost City you sent me Charles, I'd hate to fire it up until it's ready. I'm thinking maybe 6 more months?
I'll defer to the experts around here for questions of potential, but I lit one up a couple weeks ago and it smoked great!

-Charles

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Opus MUST be enjoyed with age IMO. It's just one of those sticks that isn't even good until a couple years after you buy a new box.
If I ever see one, I will be sure to try. I suppose I could always age one myself, but I am somewhat impatient!