What's new

So I Started Smoking a Pipe

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I started smoking my corn cob pipe this week. It took a while to learn how to pack an smoke properly but I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I am going to start trying out different types of pipe tobacco. I was wondering what your different recommendations are for aromatic and non-aromatic blends?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm not a big fan of English blends, for the most part... the Latikiya notes just aren't all that pleasing to me.

For non-aromatics, try some matured Virginias (matured - not stoved) and Orientals!
For aromatics, you're just going to have to go nuts and try them out. They're mostly Burleys with sugars, flavors, oils, etc... added in... and no two are the same!
Do you get your tobacco online, or from a B&M?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Try this place....I enjoy the Christmas Cookie Blend and the Spice-N-Nice........Boswell's Pipe's

http://www.boswellpipes.com/
Oh man, those look awesome!

This is when I hate living in Washington state, and not being allowed to order pipe tobacco from out of state. I may need to have some of these shipped to somebody I know out of state and have them send them to me, heh.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Boswells has some great blends (and great pipes too), while not a big aromatic smoker I l enjoy their Berry Cobbler and Bear blends, my favorite is their Northwoods blend.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey Hoshy, welcome to the whole world of pipes!

I know someone will recommend these, so I'll jump in. You should be able to these at just about any B&M, or online, but I'd look at some of the Lane's bulk blends. RLP6 is on of my favorites, followed by BCA and BLWB. I guess I recommend starting out with bulk blends, they're cheaper and you can can get a better idea of what you like before spending more money on tins. Also, you can usually smell and sample bulk blends in a B&M (not all, but most reputable ones will let you). If you can't find any locally to sample let me know ...