What's new

So, What Are You Packing Today?

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just ordered a JM Custom Kydex AIWB for my P30 - wanted something even lower profile than the Comp-tac.
Excellent choice. That's my current favorite.
Which belt mount did you go with?
Solid Kydex loop. Agree w/ your comment on soft loops printing more than anything else. Seen that disaster first-hand.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Carry a Sig C3 most days or a Sig P938 as it warms up. Use to carry a Glock 26 in summer but after carrying the 938 it just seems fat. I will rotate in my H&K USPc 45 just to change things up. All these are carried in TT Gunleather holsters, either Mike Special or XC Slim. IMHO the best holsters on the market.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
When I carry my S&W M&P 9c I use the Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB. Very comfortable and does not print. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

When I carry my Ruger LCP I use the Recluse pocket holster. https://www.recluseholster.com/ Fits the back pocket well.

I agree w/ others you need to be very comfortable with what you're carrying. Practice drawing your pistol weekly if not daily, it needs to be habit. I carry three different pistols depending on what I'm wearing, each at a different location on my body. I can access any of them equally well and efficiently because I practice. I not only practice drawing, but drawing and firing at the range. Instinct will safe you.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Took the Glock 26 out today and put 125 rounds through it. 100 FMJ and 25 hollow points. Not a single malfunction or failure to fire.

So the Taurus Model 85 is going to the safe and the G26 will be getting carried in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster along with a spare 10 round mag.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Took the Glock 26 out today and put 125 rounds through it. 100 FMJ and 25 hollow points. Not a single malfunction or failure to fire.

So the Taurus Model 85 is going to the safe and the G26 will be getting carried in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster along with a spare 10 round mag.

Never trust a taurus.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Sounds like a good time. They can go about 2k rds completely dry w/ no cleaning too.
While true, I wouldn't recommend shooting your gun dry.

Never trust a taurus.
That's very short-sighted and not entirely true.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds like a good time. They can go about 2k rds completely dry w/ no cleaning too.
While true, I wouldn't recommend shooting your gun dry.

Never trust a taurus.
That's very short-sighted and not entirely true.
I have had too many bad and scary experiences with tauruses to ever trust one. The worst of which was losing a slide in a range session. Takedown pin came out during regular firing and the slide ended up 5 feet downrange.

There are many other magazine/ jamming issues I have had and witnessed. I will never trust a Taurus under any circumstance for any carry/potential life threatening situation.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The are many fine firearms in a similar price point. My experiences have occurred with no less than 7 different Taurus models. There are many better choices.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The are many fine firearms in a similar price point. My experiences have occurred with no less than 7 different Taurus models. There are many better choices.
I don't disagree.

But, you're also glossing over the fact that a HUGE number of Taurus Model 92s were made on Beretta tooling, by Beretta employees. Ergo, you were buying a serviceable handgun for a large discount.

Blanket statements without proper information are pretty much useless.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
M&P 9mm FS...I've tried various holsters but keep going back to this cheap ass Uncle Mike's Size 5 IWB ($15 I think)...It's what works for me. It's a bitch to put back in once drawn, however, in a real world situation, if it comes out it is getting used.

image.jpg

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The company as a whole has lost my trust. I don't seek out Le firearms like they are cigars. Have you ever been in a fire fight? No one should ever have to fight a jamming misfiring piece of shit in order to protect themselves or their family. If I can keep one person from buying a Taurus for any reason other than a range toy my rant has been worthwhile

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
M&P 9mm FS...I've tried various holsters but keep going back to this cheap ass Uncle Mike's Size 5 IWB ($15 I think)...It's what works for me. It's a bitch to put back in once drawn, however, in a real world situation, if it comes out it is getting used.
Sounds like it would make range trips a headache and then some.

A good holster and good belt is probably more important than your firearm selection.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The company as a whole has lost my trust. I don't seek out Le firearms like they are cigars. Have you ever been in a fire fight? No one should ever have to fight a jamming misfiring piece of shit in order to protect themselves or their family. If I can keep one person from buying a Taurus for any reason other than a range toy my rant has been worthwhile
What?