What's new

So what are your favorite movies/genres AND why

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The what movie are you watching thread made me wonder.
For instance, my main genre is action/sci fi but because I enjoy a good sound system and a well mastered movie with great effects. Sometimes I even lose the plot and acting In the audio visual experience. All my screens are plasma and calibrated. I have a dedicated theater room that I haven't outfitted yet because all my hobbies are so expensive lol but I plan to do that this year. So what movies/genres do you like and why

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I like comedies, action/sci fi, gangster, and period war movies. Comedies because I enjoy a good laugh. I am a WWII buff so I like movies set in that time frame. Gangster movies because I'm a reformed thug lol. I like movies that entertain or make you think.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I like action movies and comedies. No chick flicks here. One thing I always do is buy action movies on BluRay. When I buy comedies or non-action, I usually save a few bucks and buy them on DVD.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
indy horror - lotsa gems like, dead girl, grace, inside & alien raiders.

btw - got my name on the ending rolling credits on paranormal activity I
although, i voted for alternate throat slash ending No.2
:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Don't forget to also mention movies you like in addition to genres. I don't like to go to movies but I love to watch em at home and I'm sure haven't all seen everything lol

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I like in depth movies with twisted plots that keep you thinking and guessing. Whether government ops, creative mysteries, or simple story lines as long as it draws me in mentally then I'm into it

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
^^^ that

Like Shawshank Redemption

Also, action/sci-fi movies like the Transformer series and action/crime dramas like Jack Ryan series or Bourne series films.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love comedy... Nothing better than sitting back to relax & laughing your ass off! That being said, I won't pay to see a comedy in the theaters.

Action/realistic war films are a close second. I think the last one I saw in theaters was Lone Survivor. Action movies make going to the theater *almost* worth the steep price

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Tough question Charles.

There are very very good movies in all genres. That being said I will try to break some down.

Sci Fi/Action: Love the Dark Knight Trilogy, Original Star Wars, Avengers

Classic Action: I love classic action movies Commando, Running Man, anything with Arnold Schwarzennegger period, Jean Claude Movies, Sly Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, ah you get the point lol

Martial Arts action: Ip Man (hands down incredible) , Ip Man 2, Ong Bak

Comedies: Wedding Crashers, 40 yr old virgin, Knocked up

All Scorcese movies

All Tarantino movies.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Tough question Charles.

There are very very good movies in all genres. That being said I will try to break some down.

Classic Action: I love classic action movies Commando, Running Man, anything with Arnold Schwarzennegger period, Jean Claude Movies, Sly Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, ah you get the point lol

All Scorcese movies

All Tarantino movies.
Lol that why I added the "why" so you can't list 20 movies

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Tough question Charles.

All Scorcese movies

All Tarantino movies.
Lol that why I added the "why" so you can't list 20 movies
Oooppsss hahah

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I've watched dark night rises several times. I like the general lighting the sound is great as well banes voice is hilarious though. Batman the dark knight was better cinematically though for me

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I've watched dark night rises several times. I like the general lighting the sound is great as well banes voice is hilarious though. Batman the dark knight was better cinematically though for me
Agree on every point.

Have you watched Ip Man?