What's new

So where my fly fishing brothers at?

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I found a fishing lodge in Belize - bonefish, tarpon, permit ...

http://www.belize123.com

Placencia is a GREAT flats-fishing destination. Flights would go into Belize City and be a hop flight or boat-ride down. They've got a weekly rate for 2010 of $1700, which is a freaking STEAL.

I've already spoken to two folks in the organization and they're going to come back to me with a group rate. The more people I get going, the lower the rate for each week would get.

... so, anybody want to go to Belize next year?:eyepoke:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sweet jesus that sounds awesome. I learned to love fly-fishing from the old man, and it never seems like I can get out there enough. Have fun!

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I love to fly fish but suck at it...it is definately an art. I would love to fish flats someday. Sounds like a blast...I miss traveling and fishing.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman....

Getting ready for a fishing trip to Heber Springs next Thursday and since I was on the forum, I did a quick search for the heck of it. Figured I'd resurrect it and see who else fly fishes....

@Cigarsnjeeps

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just picked up a bunch of new flies today actually. Hopefully the weather cooperates and the rivers come down a bit by next weekend so I can test them out.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The lakes have iced out and I still haven’t gotten my gear ready. I need to tie some damsels, too. The hatch is coming up next month.
I can’t even imagine learning all there is to know about fly fishing and then learning how to tie the damn flies on top of that. Call me lazy but I’ll just pay someone to make my flies. Credit to you sir.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can’t even imagine learning all there is to know about fly fishing and then learning how to tie the damn flies on top of that. Call me lazy but I’ll just pay someone to make my flies. Credit to you sir.
Thanks. I fancy myself a maker and if the making demands attention to detail, I'm in. But I have to ask: who in the heck learns all there is to know about fly fishing?