What's new

Social Media History Becomes the New Job Hurdle

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Seeking employment, getting a second interview has gotten tougher these past few years.

Now this.

I guess we'll have to mind our P's & Q's with what aspiring employees have to say on here.

Last edited:

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just another reason to not use social media sites.
Or make your profiles or whatever private. I tweet, but do so privately. Also, just found my ancient myspace profile, and some paintings of mine are the only things on it. Making me think about my internet footprint though, and how horribly vile I can be digitally... hmm... Good thing I'm already employed. lol!

Last edited:

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I can understand almost everything in the article except for the negative viewpoint of the individual in the article that had many pictures of him with guns.

If the guns are not criminally obtained, I struggle how a company could legally terminate the continuation of your hiring process for exercising your Second Amendment rights? Obviously the other examples have criminal implications attached, drug use, public nudity, racial epithets, etc. However, gun ownership does not fit this category.

Just an observation.

Also, would sites with "screen names" such as this one, be connected to these searches?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I can understand almost everything in the article except for the negative viewpoint of the individual in the article that had many pictures of him with guns.

If the guns are not criminally obtained, I struggle how a company could legally terminate the continuation of your hiring process for exercising your Second Amendment rights? Obviously the other examples have criminal implications attached, drug use, public nudity, racial epithets, etc. However, gun ownership does not fit this category.
It's socially acceptable discrimination. Pure and simple.

Also, would sites with "screen names" such as this one, be connected to these searches?
I was wondering the same thing, but I have no idea how they would find you on stuff like forums, unless you had your real name in your screen name or your profile. IP addy maybe?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just another reason to not use social media sites.
X10

Amazing how people can't have a conversation with a stranger they meet, yet they can post every possible bit of information about themselves online.

Truly amazing.