What's new

Soft Flame Lighters

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Without giving us a budget, it's kinda hard. DJeep is great for a a couple of bucks. Porsche Design is great if you want to spend more money. IM Corona is good also. Xikar stopped giving replacements at shops and makes you return it to be replaced or fixed. I don't like that at much.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Xikar stopped giving replacements at shops and makes you return it to be replaced or fixed. I don't like that at much.
Thats not exactly true. Xikar still gives replacements to the shops. That hasnt changed. It is the shops choice whether or not they want to give a replacement. If the shop chooses not to participate in the exchange program, Xikar will of course honor their warranty with you mailing it in.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Xikar stopped giving replacements at shops and makes you return it to be replaced or fixed. I don't like that at much.
I guess that memo hasn't made it around to all the shops yet. Last week I took 2 Xikars in to my local (both the NXT model) and traded them both for the below EX model. It's soft flameish. To me it has so much power, that it's when a soft flame meets a jet lighter. I like it. Karen liked it so much I had to take her NXT in to get the second one for her.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not trying to be cheeky, but what's your aversion to jet lighters? I reckon they're a little more versatile especially if It's windy.
I'm currently saving for a Colibri Monza, the red and black one, cos I reckon they look pimp.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Second or third the IM corona double corona. I've always preferred a soft flame over a torch. I usually use a dupont gatsby that I've had for over 20 years but the IM Corona DC is great because it has a double burner and has a nice feel as well as price tag. I just think a torch chars the end when you light it over just lighting it, again, I'm old school. I remember when blazers first came out and there was that little switch that let you use it as a soft flame (lost that one somewhere along the line which I'm still bummed about as they don't' make em like that anymore). I"ve had a few Colibri's, they all died and I recently had a Xikar which after about 6 months, stopped working properly so I'm done with them as well. Only reason I picked them up was to have something I left in the car and wasn't worried about forgetting somewhere i.e. my original blazer lol. G1

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not trying to be cheeky, but what's your aversion to jet lighters? I reckon they're a little more versatile especially if It's windy.
I'm currently saving for a Colibri Monza, the red and black one, cos I reckon they look pimp.
Don't have anything against jet lighters, I've got a few and use them all the time.
I mostly smoke in my garage where there's no wind so wanna try a soft flame.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Another vote for Xikar Exodus. I have one thats 3 years old, never a problem with it. Just picked up another one for the car. Paid about $42.00 for it. Worth it for a lifetime guarantee.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
You guys reminded me that Xikar does have the lifetime on their products, Sending mine out today to have fixed. My flame has never worked properly after a couple of fills. G1

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
You guys reminded me that Xikar does have the lifetime on their products, Sending mine out today to have fixed. My flame has never worked properly after a couple of fills. G1
And thats why I never reccomend them. What good is a brand with a lifetime warranty if u have to send it back every now and then? The company imo offers this warranty knowing that the consumer will eventually just buy a new one imo. (The oh well I got 3 years or so out of it phenomenon.)

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of the ST Dupont 'replicas' and absolutely love it. Various online retailers were offering them for free with purchase of a box of [NC] RyJ 1875s or La Gloria Cubanas. I believe the deal has stopped and the lighter has become hard to find but the deal surely will come around again as this was not the first time it was offered.

However, they also pop up on eBay from time to time. They retail for around $200 or so normally, which doesn't make sense to me if they can offer it for free with box purchase but who am I to complain haha. They also come with a limited lifetime warranty under the condition that you ship them the lighter and $5 and they will send you a replacement. They typically go for $50-$100 secondary market.

I know this is not as helpful as it is not readily available as the other suggested lighters but these really do compare to the S.T. Dupont lighters and many "lighter freaks" reviewed them and deemed them a great lighter. I am no lighter expert but like I stated before I really do like this lighter and have not had any problems with it thus far.

Here is the link to it on the Altadis website: http://altadisusa.com/cigar-accessories/miscellaneous/romeo_y_julieta_lighter

Edit: It appears that Corona Cigar has the deal up again and back in stock for the LGC lighters. http://www.coronacigar.com/products/la-gloria-cubana-serie-n.html

Also, if you decide to order from them, be sure to add the free 5pack (I believe it is still valid with this offer): http://www.coronacigar.com/products/free-item-of-the-week.html
Another vote for the freebie knock-offs. Also, I have a whole lot of soft flame (and torch) lighters, and I add my vote to those recommending the
Xikar EX and similar lighters. I also have several Prince lighters, made by Blazer, that have a nice retro look and feel. I got them on close-out and only paid about $25 apiece :grin: They are excellent, too, but I would go for a freebie or a lifetime warranty as my first choice.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great suggestions in here. I love long wooden matches myself. May have to look into these xikar models though after reading some of the posts. Thank you everyone!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
a3631b76-7001-4cd0-95be-3c0704ad4f7c.jpg

can anyone help me with what you'd call this style of lighter, and who makes a good one?

Last edited: