What's new

Soft Flame Lighters

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
And thats why I never reccomend them. What good is a brand with a lifetime warranty if u have to send it back every now and then? The company imo offers this warranty knowing that the consumer will eventually just buy a new one imo. (The oh well I got 3 years or so out of it phenomenon.)
This is only after 3 months and not constantly using it. I actually put it in the drawer after my second fill and it not working properly. G1

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Not trying to be cheeky, but what's your aversion to jet lighters? I reckon they're a little more versatile especially if It's windy.
I'm currently saving for a Colibri Monza, the red and black one, cos I reckon they look pimp.
It may have taken 10 years for a cigar to have its day to shine. Why try to light it in 10 seconds flat?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Some days a soft flame is completely useless for those of us who have to have our cigars outside.
That's what I like about the Lamborghini Aero, has both.

As far as Xikar, they had some huge QC issues for a few months and we saw many returns, but for the most part it seems to be worked out now. They are reasonably priced products and having a lifetime warranty is nice if it does ever break or stop working.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One more thing about the Xikar EX series: While they have a soft flame, they are relatively wind-proof. Of course, lighting a cigar in the wind with a soft flame is something of a challenge, even if the flame doesn't get blown out... :smokingbo

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Some days a soft flame is completely useless for those of us who have to have our cigars outside.
And thats why I own both. Probably like 95% of everyone here. I still smoke outside just like normal folk............ But its not very often I will grab a torch to light up inside, if ever.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A case for the zippo.
First, the old adage that you can taste the fuel comes from their old fuel recipe. That has changed.
I always use my zippo. Sure I try to not touch the foot and use cedar spills when I can. But isn't that recommended for all lighting duties ?
I love the zippo , in all weather, and they have the best warranty in the world. You can find a zippo and give it to them. They will fix it or replace it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
View attachment 22658

can anyone help me with what you'd call this style of lighter, and who makes a good one?
maybe not exactly on topic but, can anyone comment on what you'd call this style of lighter? I know dunhill makes a few like this, and I've heard 'lift arm lighter', but not really anything else. Is this maybe dunhill specific or are there other manufactures producing soft flame lighters like this

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A case for the zippo.
First, the old adage that you can taste the fuel comes from their old fuel recipe. That has changed.
I always use my zippo. Sure I try to not touch the foot and use cedar spills when I can. But isn't that recommended for all lighting duties ?
I love the zippo , in all weather, and they have the best warranty in the world. You can find a zippo and give it to them. They will fix it or replace it.
I'm with you. I occasionally use one of my Zippos with the OEM fuel insert. If you use the current version of Zippo brand lighter fuel and let the flame burn for a second or two before lighting the cigar, there is zero lighter fuel flavor.