What's new

solowgregg, I Got Back Into Watches

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Gregg, just thought I'd stop by here and touch base, I kinda got back into watches here recently, we had some good conversations a couple years back and just thought I'd keep in touch. I got hooked on Invicta a while back. Here's what I've added in the last six months:

Casio Edifice: This is the one that got me back into wristwatches

Invicta Reserve Venom Viper: This is one beast of a watch, just under a half pound

Invicta Pro Diver 6984: I'm a packer fan, what can I say, I like the green!

Invicta Reserve Subaqua Leather: LOVE this one.

And this one should land on my doorstep tomorrow. Orange & black were my high school colors, guess I'm just trying to regain my youth!

Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Haha you know I love my watches! I'm really diggin those last two invictas (hell, I might have to pick that last one up) and if I'm not mistaken you've been looking at the Casio for quite a while haven't you?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I bought that Casio quite a while ago, it's the one that got me back into watches. But I'll never buy one of theirs again, the black started wearing off the band. I called in, it's not a functional defect so it's not covered, but the agent I spoke with said she's never heard of that happening before. So I asked, "if it's never happened, isn't it safe to say this shouldn't happen and be covered"? Reply, "no, its not a functional defect"...

I'm hooked on Invicta right now, love the weight of them, that orange one is soooo comfy.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That Casio is very nice looking. I might have to look for one of those. That Invicta Venom is amazing. I bought 3 Invicta watches this year and hope to get a couple more for Christmas. I think the Venom is on my wish list now. Some of the newer models are pretty cool if you have been keeping an eye on them.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
A watch to me is the single most piece of jewelry a man can wear that stands out and expresses who you are. I have a good collection myself.
You should read the link I just put up about my son's new watch he got over the weekend...A real comeback I guess.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
big fan of the Casio’s look. but since you said the customer service is garbage, probably wont order from them again. I loved the Casio G-shocks growing up, those things were bullet proof!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
My two latest additions to my Invicta collection:

Model 1195 Special Ops Siberian Tiger, 899/5000

Model 6177 Reserve Collection GMT:

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
A watch to me is the single most piece of jewelry a man can wear that stands out and expresses who you are. I have a good collection myself.
You should read the link I just put up about my son's new watch he got over the weekend...A real comeback I guess.
Agreed. Most if these Invictas don't appeal to me. I tend to lean more toward Tissot, Luminox, or even a nice Citizen Eco-drive is $$$ is short.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Loving that Edifice! Watched a little review on it just now, and I must say that thing is a modern marvel of a watch! And the green and gold is a great color combo on watches just as well as it is on the jerseys. Go Pack Go!!! (My dad from WI and owns 2 shares of GBP stock and I am a die hard Packer fan)

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I love that one as well, but the bands color is wearing off at a quick pace. I called customer service and they said it was not covered under warranty as it was not a function issue. I asked if she'd had many complaints of this issue and she said she's never heard of it happening. I then asked, "if you've never heard of this happening, wouldn't you think this was a defect and should be covered"? Reply:, "I do see it as a defect, but it doesn't effect functionality so it's not covered." That will be my last Casio.

Loving that Edifice! My dad from WI and owns 2 shares of GBP stock and I am a die hard Packer fan)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Uh oh....I just got into the Invicta Watches and they got me hooked..just got 4 watches for Christmas myself and love them!