What's new

Solving the venison shortage

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Figured there have to be at least a couple other hunters out there that can appreciate this. Been hunting since Thursday afternoon and finally today got something to bring home and put on the table. This has been one of the toughest seasons I've seen but finally success!

Side note, had multiple opportunities for smaller bucks but left them alone in the hopes they are bigger and better next year. :) Just finished hanging and skinning this doe but I won't post any pictures cause I don't want to upset anyone.

Now it's time for a glass of crown and cigar.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Did not have a good weekend filling the freezer. Missed two nice doe while sitting in the freezing rain. Took my rifle back to the range and found I was 3 inches left and 6 down at 100 yards. Sighted it back in, but never saw anything else. Hopefully this weekend.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Damn, that sucks. I've got one more chance tomorrow morning and then we take off on the 1350 mile trek back to CA. Wish I lived somewhere with decent game.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Im not a hunter but i frequent a local firearms forum and some of the members there seem to be having a lot of luuck this year in the northeast.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Sweet baby Jesus. How did that happen?
Even though I hunt woodchuck all year long with my hunting rifle, I usually spend the weekend before thanksgiving sighting it in just to be safe. This year I worked the weekend before thanksgiving, and hadn't done ant shooting since before we moved. I'm guessing that during the move things got out of wack. Needless to say, I was pissed.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Even though I hunt woodchuck all year long with my hunting rifle, I usually spend the weekend before thanksgiving sighting it in just to be safe. This year I worked the weekend before thanksgiving, and hadn't done ant shooting since before we moved. I'm guessing that during the move things got out of wack. Needless to say, I was pissed.
Which rifle, scope, and mount are you using?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
A little short in deer right now... But plenty of pork in the freezer...

Wife and I killed 7 boar a couple of weeks ago...

As always, she proved she was the better hunter.. And brought in the biggest pig... Nailing a 260 pounder at about 60 yards with her .243

The biggest thing I killed was a 125lb oink...

I know what we're serving at the next hillbilly HERF in the spring....

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A little short in deer right now... But plenty of pork in the freezer...

Wife and I killed 7 boar a couple of weeks ago...

As always, she proved she was the better hunter.. And brought in the biggest pig... Nailing a 260 pounder at about 60 yards with her .243

The biggest thing I killed was a 125lb oink...

I know what we're serving at the next hillbilly HERF in the spring....
Boar chili? Boar bratwurst? Pulled pork? BBQ ribs? Now I'm hungry. Thx.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
when he says he hunts woodchuck he means he drinks cider and fights with the neighbors