What's new

Sombremesa

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I usually avoid full flavor cigars but got a 5 pack bonus from Famous on an order - Holy cow are those ever good. I am sure a lot of you know this but thought I should mention it in case someone is looking for something new to try.
I can't seem to find a whole lot of information about this brand other than Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust came up with it and Joya De Nicaragua makes them in their Esteli factory.
It's like Chocolate delight!
I should mention, I have smoked two, one came out of the newair, I trimmed it and set it on the counter, when I came back to smoke it, it had exploded, cracked open right in the middle, even threw a chunk of the wrapper off. Cooler was at 68 degrees, 70 degrees in the room. 68% in Cooler and 28% in the room (yes it's dry winter time here) assume that is what wrecked my $10 smoke that hit the garbage - I didn't shed a tear but it was close. Never had that happen before in my brief 25 years of sampling.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I should mention, I have smoked two, one came out of the newair, I trimmed it and set it on the counter, when I came back to smoke it, it had exploded, cracked open right in the middle, even threw a chunk of the wrapper off. Cooler was at 68 degrees, 70 degrees in the room. 68% in Cooler and 28% in the room (yes it's dry winter time here) assume that is what wrecked my $10 smoke that hit the garbage - I didn't shed a tear but it was close. Never had that happen before in my brief 25 years of sampling.
He had these packed pretty tight when they were rolled and when they were released they were very snug by most NC standards. They were rolled very well imo and have opened up nicely in a year, you wont see many tunnels in these. Winter weather and drastic changes in humidity temp will lead to exploding wrapper syndrome. But these may be more susceptible because of the aforementioned reason.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had a Sobramesa and it was stout, so that's what "full" means. Not really my favorite, but I somewhat enjoyed it. But, I liked the stories my cigar buddy told me about Steve Saka as we smoked one. The best one was about the response he received after finding his father-in-law on the patio of his house finishing his exclusive once in a lifetime stash of cigars bought at auction for about ten grand. His father-in-law replied "...well Steve, you're sleeping with my daughter".

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He had these packed pretty tight when they were rolled and when they were released they were very snug by most NC standards. They were rolled very well imo and have opened up nicely in a year, you wont see many tunnels in these. Winter weather and drastic changes in humidity temp will lead to exploding wrapper syndrome. But these may be more susceptible because of the aforementioned reason.
Yep, I usually don't smoke my "good stuff" in the winter due to exploding wrapper syndrome. My humi is 65%. Outside my humi is like 2%. Bad combo for combustible leaves.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I love the Sobremesa!. Great cigar. I'm looking forward to checking out Mi Querida-heard nothing but good things about it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sobremesa is a nice cigar. I actually saw Steve Saka in a cigar lounge monday night. Didn't realize that was him until I happened to see a picture of him :LOL: